Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which one would live longer

Posted by runsnwalken (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 28, 09 at 13:26

I was wondering a hypothicial question on diet vs health care from birth to death. Guy A and Guy B

Say one guy/or girl from birth to death (Guy A) eats an AWFUL diet, basically nothing good for you,like fast food and junk food. and goes to the doctor dentist regularly all their life.

then another guy or girl from birth to death(Guy B) eat perfectly nothing bad whatsoever diet, raw fruits, veggies, nuts, lean meats, (Basically the kind of diet people ate in prehistory) gets lots of rest and excersise but NEVER sees a doctor,gets shots, or sees a dentist

Which one would live longer?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which one would live longer

You would hope the doctor the first guy saw on a regular basis would reccomend changing his diet after a while haha. I dont think it would be possible to predict, some people just never get sick.

Here is a link that might be useful: my blog

o

With the gums being a big, big way for an infection to enter into the bloodstream- then into the heart- I would think the one that does NOT go to the dentist will end up with fatal heart disease- not due to his genetic make-up, but because there was an unmonitored road for bacteria to enter.

The one who ate junk and DID go to the dentist- well- he just better hope he has great genetics!

o

What if Guy B brushed his teeth all the time?

o

it's still a statistical tossup, since you haven't factored environmental, genetic, or constitutional differences in.

I have teeth like granite, in a family with teeth like chalk- but my dentist says it has as much to do with the specific flora in my mouth as my enamel - I just don't support as many plaque-causing bacteria as some other folks. went 5 years without dental care, and came back to find that I needed a cleaning - not a deep scaling, just a cleaning.

o

True. I''ve asked my pca's and Danny says no doctor,as the doctor in his opinion just gives you stuff to fiix what has been wrought ( heart disease,cancer)

Matt says same as posters here , depends on factors, Nancy (co-worker) who's also a retired nurse, agrees with Matt.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here