Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Physical Therapist Told Me

Posted by jannie (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 2, 13 at 8:47

MY DH goes to a physical therapy gym several times a week for a medical problem. I go along as an onlooker/ to "coach" and support hubby. I've had many conversations with the owner/ Lead Physical Therapist. I asked him straight out what's the best exercise for a woman with big hips, thighs and "seat". The answer "Walking". I don't need fancy equipment to do that! I know my cousin walks one to five miles a day and she lost 30 pounds!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Physical Therapist Told Me

Hi Jannie. I know walking is the best thing to do, but it is so cold and snowy here, and dark by the time I get home from work. I have no where to put a treadmill, so my solution has been to exercise with my Wii. I bought the WiiFit plus game and absolutely love it. I do Yoga, strength training and the balance games. For aerobic exercise I use the Just Dance games. I am going on 60 and I keep up pretty well with my 30 year old daughter, who by the way comes over once or twice a week to exercise with me. I have used it every day for about a month now, and along with eating a healthy diet, the weight is slowly coming off. But more importantly my strength and balance is improving.

o

You can also get one of Leslie Sansone's walking videos for a change from the wii. I actually have 3 different ones, and it is helpful for times I don't want to actually go out. You can do as little as 1 mile. Good for you, Triplemom, on a healthy start for 2013. Keep up the good work.

o

Thanks Socks,
I used to have Leslie Sansone's Tapes on VHS, and never got them on DVD. I should look for them. I think Target has them.

o

Yes very true walking is the best exercise to loose weight. But you can walk according to your diet and your diet should also be healthy not too oily. you can burn calorie this can really helps you.

o

This is true that you can loose your weight by walkin. At a weight loss rate of ½ -1 pound per week, it will likely take you at least 20 weeks to lose 20 pounds. Losing weight at this pace is safe and will help you keep the weight off long term. To accomplish a weight loss of ½ - 1 pound per week, try to burn an extra 250-500 calories per day by walking. If you find you're not burning this many calories by walking alone, simply reduce your calorie intake through diet in addition to walking.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here