Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Walk Away The Pounds #9 - February

Posted by KathyG7777 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 1, 04 at 7:33

Here's our new thread for February, girls! Let's make it a great month! It may not feel like it but before we know it, spring will be here!

It's early so I haven't worked out yet today, but will be later.....will post then.....have a good Super Bowl Sunday!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Walk Away The Pounds #9 - February

Hi Kathy! I've started the month off wrong as far as diet and exercise are concerned. I'm doing the usual Super Bowl routine. Sitting in front of the tv with chips, dip, etc. But tomorrow will be different!

o

Don't feel bad MaryAnn...I didn't do much better! LOL I didn't eat too bad, but I never did get around to exercising.

Today is my 1 week weigh-in & measurements since I started this new program. I lost 3.4 lbs, 1" off my chest (ribcage area), 2" from my waist & 1/2" from my hips. Considering I only exercised 4 days last week when it should have been 6, I am VERY happy with the results! Tonight I move to Phase 2 which is a tape called Ramp It Up (48 mins long).

o

Did the Ramp It Up tape.....OMG, this tape kicked my butt! I can only imagine what this will do to me after my 6 sessions of it. Every time I wanted to stop, I just thought of shorts, tanks and bikinis! LOL

o

Did the Ramp It Up tape again; that is the longest 48 minutes of my life, LOL!! I felt like I struggled with the last 10 mins more than last night. But I'm actually beginning to see some real definition in my arms so I know it's working.

o

You are doing so good, Kathy!! I weighed this morning and have gained 3 pounds this week. I am definitely back on the program! These pounds are gonna be gone by next Wednesday and the other pounds that are still here are gonna be shaping up through exercise!

o

I took tonight off; didn't feel well at work all day. Hopefully, tomorrow I will feel better!

o

Hi Girls! Just got access to a computer, so thought I would pop in to say hi. I see that you've started a new post! Great! Kathy, sounds like you are on a roll.
I have walked twice since I got here at my mom's. I got here on Sunday morning. I probally won't be home until the 3rd week of february, so don't think that I have deserted you. I am really enjoying Sunny Florida. I heard that my hometown got snow the night before and schools were closed. So glad that I am not there, lol!
Yes, spring will be here before we know it! Wanda

o

Good to hear from you Wanda! I'm dying for warm weather!!

Still not feeling great today, but did my Ramp It Up tape plus the abs tape.

o

Weigh in was today. Between TOM and being sick, I didn't do as well as I could have, but did still show a loss. Lost .8 lb....so that's 4.2 lbs total for 2 weeks. Chest & waist were unchanged, but lost .5" from hips, .50" from upper thighs and .25" from upper arms. This week should be better!

o

Sorry you've been feeling bad, Kathy. At least you went down at your weigh-in! That's always a good thing!
I have started my exercise routine again, after having gained last week! I am feeling slimmer and yesterday went shopping and had to buy a size smaller jeans! I had't really been thinking about going down in pant size...I mainly wanted to get rid of this stomach! I guess I'm loosing a little all over. Anyway, I feel great, and I'm ready to start the week! My weigh-in is Wednesday and I know I'll be down this week!!!

Has anyone heard from Vickey? I hope she's feeling better!

I hope it's a great week for everyone!

o

Congrats MaryAnn on the new, smaller jeans; that is such a great feeling!

I tried to workout tonight, but my energy level is non-existent from being sick. Except for being so tired, I do feel better, so hopefully a good night's sleep will take care of that and tomorrow I can start again.

Vickey, where are you??

o

Good Morning! Hope today is a better day for you Kathy! I didn't exercise yesterday, not sure why....I just forgot! I think it was because I was hungry and most of my thoughts were directed to figuring out what I could eat and still stall within my points for the day. I guess I should have exercised....that would have taken my mind off food!

o

LOL MaryAnn - I swear the more I think about food and what to eat, the hungrier I get!

Made it through about 25 mins of the 48 min tape, but then did the 10 min Ab tape. I'm very tired, but glad I did something tonight.

o

Worked out for about 30 mins - a combination of treadmill and toning upper body with weights.

o

Let's see, Thursday I only did about 15 mins of my tape and Friday I didn't workout at all. This morning I got up early and did 40 mins of tape and separate 10 min abs tape...felt like I got a good solid workout.

How's everyone else doing? Where's Vickey??

o

Didn't workout yesterday, so last week wasn't so great and it shows on the scale. This morning was my weigh-in, I gained .6 from last week. But I did lose another 1/2" from my waist (so all those ab crunches are worth it) and 1/4" from my upper thighs. This week I need to do better with staying away from sweets; too much Valentine's chocolates at the office & home!

o

Went on to the Phase 3 (final phase) of this program. It's 60 minutes long and at a much faster pace; only made it through 30 mins tonight. I'm supposed to do this tape for the next 3 weeks; it will take me that long to build up to doing the whole thing! LOL

o

Hi! I'm back!
Kathy, you sure are doing great! You sound so motivated this time around, good for you! 60 min....... I can barely do 30,lol!
I just got home yesterday,so you are going to have to give me til monday to get back into my groove, ok? I have tons of things to get done this week. I have to unpack, clean, write bills, go grocery shopping. I also need to visit my kids and grandkids. I have to make a trip down to see my dad in Missouri, as he has been ill. It will only be a overnight stay, and only a day visit if possible. He usely begs me to spend the night, but I would rather not,as his wife, I am not really fond of, but I can tolerate! LOL!
I see that MaryAnn has been posting, but what happen to Vickey? Wish that we could get some others to join us. I know that there has got to be others on this forum that are working out. Maybe we should start a Daily Exercise Post for all, (instead of calling it Walk away the Pounds). What do you think?

o

I think changing the post subject might bring a few more in, Wanda. Good idea.

I'm still here, but the only exercise I've been getting is my fingers on this keyboard! LOL

o

Hi MaryAnn!
I forgot to say also, congratulations to your new jean size. Glad your still here! I think getting a few more people posting might get us all motivated. I just got home from the grocery store with all my south beach diet food. I tried to stick to my diet while in Florida, but it kinda went down hill after a few days. I wasn't real bad, just bad,lol!

o

Great idea Wanda! I started the new thread so don't post here anymore. Thanks!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here