SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasonvh_gw

Alternate-Day Fasting/Introducing myself

jasonvh
18 years ago

Hi. My name is Jason and I'm 32. I'm new to the forum. I made a resolution at the beginning of this year to lose weight and get in shape. After considering several diet methods and not liking any of them, I finally came up with my own idea, which I later found out is also being tried by others with some success.

I sit at a desk and answer telephones for a living. After a decade of this type of work

I've become quite out of shape. I realized I simply don't need all the extra calories I've been consuming for the amount of energy I exert at work. However, I do need enough energy to keep up with my kids and not go insane at home. So finding the balance has been tricky.

I started my diet on January 10th. I NOW ONLY EAT EVERY OTHER DAY. On the days in-between I consume nothing but gum and low-calorie beverages, such as tea, diet soda, and water.

Before you say to yourself, that sounds amazingly dangerous and unhealthy, which was one of my concerns starting out, you'll be surprised to find out that in fact the opposite is true.

Just by Googling "alternate-day fasting" you'll read how eating every other day not only cuts weight, but can also potentially extend your life, reduce the development of cancer, enhance insulin sensitivity and lower the risk of heart disease.

It has been going well so far. It's been almost a month. Because I will only weigh myself on the 10th of every month, I can't tell you exactly how much I've lost yet. But I can tell you I'm already having to pull my belt a couple notches tighter. So I expect I've lost a few pounds at least.

I'm keeping a web-log of my progress and I invite you all to check it out. Leave me feedback about what you think, if you've tried it, considered trying it, or if anybody's

had any success with this method. I look forward to your "feed"back. (Forgive the food pun.)

Jason

http://everyotherdayfast.blogspot.com

Comments (19)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler