Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Leslie Sansome, I am confused help me choose a tape!

Posted by hapyfrustrated (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 16, 09 at 1:06

I just found out about LS walking tapes. I want to order one, but there are so many to choose from and I don't know where to start. I hope someone out there can help me figure this out.

I am early 50's, moderately active and need to loose weight. Walking inside would be perfect for me until the weather warms up, then when it is too hot, I can come back inside.

Any help is very appreciated! Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Leslie Sansome, I am confused help me choose a tape!

I don't even know what they are! Walking tapes, with music, or what?

Susan

o

Socks, I found out about the tapes here when I was reading last night. It was late so I don't remember if someone had a link posted or if I googled her. If you google her, you will see a clip of her on Live with R&K, they are doing a workout to her tape. Yes, it has music and you can walk in place in your own home, or take it outside and use it for a walk. She has several different tapes, and I just am not sure which one to get. I am going to get one though, I have to!

o

hapyfrustrated..... I mentioned LS on another thread. I just got two of her dvds. I am 58 need to lose 50 lbs and not very active. I bought LS's " Walk at Home, Walk Away Your Waistline" at Barnes & Noble. It has a 3 mile walk with 1, 2 and 3 mile markers, so you can see how far you walk. The tempo of the music increases as you go along. Also it came with a walk belt you use for resistance. I like it, it is easy easy, and that is what I needed to get started. Since I have Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome I cannot start out gangbusters and hurt myself, or I will quit. BTDT. So I started with the one mile, then two etc.
My DD sent me LS Walk the Walk, it is a Christian-inspired workout for FIRMING, lovely music. I like to alternate the dvds for variety.
I also got a Richard Simmons Sweatin' to the Oldies (I know you didn't ask about it, but I like it),. It is fun to dance around to the oldies songs. Today, dh and I took the dogs for a 2 mile walk, so I will do LS dvd tomorrow. We are retired now, and I find that if I get up and do my 'walk' first thing, and get it over with, I don't worry about it. Good luck with what you decide on.

June

o

June, thank you!!! I am desperate for some type of in home dvd. Your remarks were right on target for me.

I also like RS STO, good music.

Good Luck in your weight loss!

o

Thanks hapyfrustrated. I'll check those out.

Good for you, Jenna. I find it's better if I do my exercises in the morning (Curves) before I have a chance to think of an excuse not to go.

o

Hi,
I just heard about Leslie Sansome also. Been using one of her DVD's for 3weeks now and LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!! Mine is called "walk away the pounds for abs" i bought it off of ebay with the waist belt with resistance bands that go around your waist. You can go to www.youtube.com type in leslie sansome walk away for abs and you should see some short clips of it to see if you like it or not. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. I also just ordered Debra Mazda's workout's she is very new. Look her up on youtube also to view her DVD clips.
Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here