SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jamie_mt

Daily Food Journal Thread?

jamie_mt
20 years ago

Hi all. :-)

Don't know if this is more appropriate here or in the diet forum (let me know if it's more appropriate there & I'll move it), but I was just curious. I've got some weight to loose (don't we all), and have gotten started again with the exercise and watching portion sizes, etc. DF is a good support system for now (since he's watching his portion sizes too and we work out together), but he's going to try Atkins next month (for one month only), which means he'll be on a completely different portion "thing" than I will for a month - not much support for my smaller portions anymore when he's eating an entire steak and I'm sticking to palm-sized protein portions, but he'll have small salads and I can have lots. LOL

I have a friend who does WW...but she eats a lot of food I try not to eat, so even though we "report" to each other, it's hard not saying to much when she complains that she's not losing but eats chips and pop and junk foods all the time because it's "allowed" on WW as long as the points are kept under "whatever" number. I have *nothing* against WW - think it's a great program, she just doesn't seem to get the "healthy eating" part of it. :-)

So what I'm wondering (in my long, rambling, convoluted way) is if there are people here who just want to eat healthy and in moderation - not necessarily counting every calorie, but just really watching portion sizes and trying to keep the "junk food" to a minimum, but not totally depriving themselves either. I was thinking maybe if there were other people here like that, we might be able to start a daily thread for food journaling, where we could be accountable to list our meals/snacks/portions for the day - not so people could criticize, but just for our own info and for others to maybe get ideas for meals from. I was thinking that might make a good "virtual support group"?

Is there any interest in that sort of thing here? Or should this be in the diet club forum? I was just wondering - I've been "lurking" for the past few days (I'm a regular on the organizing forum), and think you have a wonderful group for the different exercise programs & diets, but didn't really see anything for just "healthy, moderate eating" without following an actual diet plan or program. :-)

Comments (12)

Sponsored