Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
rebounders

Posted by larkspur_grow (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 31, 10 at 15:15

I've been reading about rebounders,I have one but it was bought from London Drugs, only paid 65.00 for it and it doesnt seem to have enough bounce. The Needak ones and theres another brand,Reboundair that are supposed to be better and have one that says its soft bounce. They are a fair bit of money but I wonder if they are worth it. Does anyone on this forum know anything about them? They are supposed to be great for exercising. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: rebounders

I bought a reboundair, the half fold one for 225. Previously I had the walmart one for $30.00. I started doing rebouning because I am getting varicose veins and jogging seemed to make it worse and my legs would throb. I have no such problems with the rebounder. I also bought the dvd that came with it. The woman in it is rather annyoying. My suggestion is to do the DVD a few times (its about 30 minutes) and then were an Ipod and turn the sound down.

I was firmer than the Walmart one and I would recommend it if you plan on using it often.
The other benefit is that my kids like to jump on it when they play WII.

o

Hi again, can you tell me what brand you bought and where you bought it? Thanks

o

I own the Urban rebounder, from HSN. Had it over a year...just started using it to build myself up to doing the Insanity workout. This bounder is sturdy, even though I am a beginner I don't use the stabilizer bar and I feel secure on it. I can only bounce for a minute right now.....my thighs get tired and one knee starts to hurt...so I complete the whole workout by stepping in place on the bounder. I am over 50, and the knee pain worried me at first...made me think I should not bound. But I found the next day my knee did not hurt as much going up stairs....so I am hoping that my knee pain lessens as my thighs get stronger.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here