SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emmhip

Feeling great, but not losing weight...

emmhip
16 years ago

Well, here's the story: after many failed attempts at sticking to a more healthy lifestyle, I'm finally going to the gym 4-5 times a week, every week. I'm eating healthier, cut out alcohol, and I feel much better. Actually, I feel pretty fantastic. The problem is, I've only lost 4 pounds, and I've been on this regimen since the day after Christmas. When I go to the gym, I run a mile to 2 miles, then lift weights about 3 times a week. I know I have more weight to lose, because I am only 5'4" and I weigh about 190. I really don't look it though, no one can ever guess what I weigh, most people guess I weigh about 160 (friends and family, and they are not trying to be nice). Which is my goal weight! I don't understand why I can't lose weight, or what I am doing wrong. I feel great and feel more toned, but the scale is not my friend. I'm 29 years old, and I have had two children within the last six years, as well as a hernia surgery in early December. Is it possible that my body is just taking longer to lose weight?

Comments (13)

Sponsored