SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bnightowl

What type of exercise is easy on the feet? Yogalates?

don_na_na
20 years ago

I need something to get me in shape that will take the stress off my feet. I am 45 and starting to fall apart it seems (LOL). The Dr. just put me on pills for high blood pressure, but said I get off them if I lost a few lbs. My cholesterol was over 300, so if I don't lower that, it means more meds. The Dr. said walking was best, But it is hard on the bottoms of my feet. What type of exercise would be easy on my already worn out feet? My excess weight is mostly around my middle. I was walking 2 miles about 4 days a week, but since the only time I have to walk is after working a 12 hr shift. This is just too hard on my feet. Especially since I'm on them the whole 12-hr shift.

I found a DVD by Louise Solomon--Yoga & Pilates/The Total Body Toner (also known as Yogalates). Anyone familiar with this? I looked at several pilates videos , but this one has 4 different workouts. I thought this might break it up a bit for me. I have never done Yoga or Pilates though, so I'm not sure if this is a good choice. Anyone ever used this? Would this be too hard for a beginner? Easy on my feet? Your input is appreciated.

Comments (6)

Sponsored