Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Walk Away the Pounds #8 - Happy New Year!

Posted by KathyG7777 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 1, 04 at 8:49

Okay, here we are, January 1st and time for all the New Years Resolutions which inevitably include weight loss and eating healthfully.

I have been terrible the last few days and I'm definitely feeling it. Sunday's weigh-in is gonna be a scary thing, LOL!! I did do a good workout Tuesday night because my abs are screaming at me this morning; just shows me how out of shape I am!

Hope everyone else is ready for the new year!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Walk Away the Pounds #8 - Happy New Year!

I am ready! Been bad,bad,bad. Yesterday, I had two cookies, the last two, I promise. And last night, I was a food junkie, just couldn't get enough. I went to bed miserable. Have you ever done that, geeezz!
I should work out this morning, but, I need to run some errands, then I have the kids over the weekend.
Monday morning is the starting day for me! Back to the South Beach diet, and walk away those pounds at least every other day if not each day.
I will be here for sure! I am going to Florida in about 6 weeks and I plan on wearing on those new summer outfits that I bought in the fall on sale. Sure hope that Vickey and MaryAnn join us.
Wanda

o

I'm here! I've been eating more this past week. Weighed Wednesday and had gained pound. I had told myself that if I gained that I would count points again until I had a week with a loss. But I just hated to start counting on New Years EVE!!! So I will probably be up even more next Wednesday!

I was good yesterday, but so far this morning I have had 3 sausage and biscuit sandwiches and 1 piece of fudge! I guess I better start exercising TODAY!!
Good luck everyone! And Happy New Year!

o

I have made 3 or 4 batches of fudge in December. That's 9-12 lbs!!!! The problem is, I've eaten most of it myself! I'm scared to weigh-in on Wednesday. I start back to work tomorrow and will be back with the correct eating program! I hope all of you have had more will power than me during the holidays!
Let's all get back on track for the new year!

o

Fudge, my weakness! Thats what I did last year, and what got me into the shape that I was by summer. But it tasted oh so good, lol!
Did the 2 mile walk this morning. Man was that a struggle after not exercising for such a long time. Then did about 50 crunches. Went to the store and stocked up on alot of my south beach diet food.

o

Okay I'm back...again. Did the wieght watchers exercises yesterday, all ready to go this morning, then I balanced the checkbook instead. But I did weigh-in at weight watchers yesterday..down 1.8 pounds over last week. So I'm starting to lose that 3 pounds I gained.

Vickey-MN

o

OMG, I typed that email on Jan 1st and then proceeded to continue to ENJOY myself until Sunday weigh-in. I gained 4 lbs. That almost seems impossible in 1 week. I think part is water retention since today started my TOM. But still - yikes!!!
I started walking like crazy, LOL, and tonight I did TaeBo. By next Sunday I hope to get back to where I was the week before. Right now I'm baking chicken breasts and steaming zucchini and squash to bring for lunch tomorrow.

Wanda - I'm jealous; I would love to be going somewhere warm soon! Wind chills here are well below zero. I have a big family party on Jan 31; my goal is to lose enough weight this month to make it "noticeable" to more than just me!

o

Weighed in this morning, and as I expected, I'm 3 lbs. up from last Wednesday. So.....it's back to counting WW points. And I'm determined to start exercising tonight!!!!

o

Walked 35 minutes tonight. I decided to make myself a weekly schedule. I get bored way too easy if I'm doing the same thing over and over. Some cardio, some toning with light weights, some a combination of both. It helps that a couple of friends from work are restarting their fitness programs (guess it's that time of year); it's easier to bring healthy lunches to work when you don't have someone asking you to go out for lunch everyday!

o

Walked 25 mins and did 30 mins of Body Electric (toning w/light weights). Time for a hot shower and off to bed early tonight!

o

Did the 2 mile walk yesterday and forgot to post. Off to do errands today. See ya later.

o

Looks like everyone is back into the swing of things for the new year!

I didn't do anything yesterday as Friday is my one "off" day during the week. This morning I did my Power 90 "Sweat" Cardio tape; that is definitely a workout!

Have a great weekend everyone! :)

o

Weighed in this morning - only lost 1.4 lbs - had been hoping for more, but I will be satisfied that it was a loss!

Off to do Denise Austin's Pilates tape.

o

Hi everyone!
Just did the 2 mile walk and some stomach crunches. I kinda went off my diet this weekend, so I am up a pound. Had a large order of fried rice, Yummy, but white rice is a no no on the south beach diet. So, this morning I am eating my spinach mushroom omelet and it will be a salad for lunch and grilled chicken salad for dinner.
Kathy, any loss is good. Your doing great, don't be so hard on yourself. Its better than gaining, right?
See you guys tomorrow, hopefully I will get into a scedule this week.

o

Tonight did Tamilee Webb's I Love Those Arms & I Love Those Abs. Ouch!! :)

o

Just finished 2 mile watp tape! Its almost 11, though, and I don't have a thing done. I need to fit this workout in earlier in the day, I guess.

o

Went out with a couple of friends after work. Was tempted to call it a night when I got home at 8:00, but pushed myself to do TaeBo; glad I did!

o

Did 35 mins on treadmill. I am noticing doing a different workout every night is helping to keep me motivated.

o

Hi! I know I am starting to sound like a broken record, but I did my workout this morning, 2 mile walk for the abs (my favorite workout tape) and some stomach crunches. I like that tape the best because it has the ab belt and I feel like its giving the arms a good workout, also.
Kathy, your really doing good. I know that you must be really tired after work,(been there, done that). Its hard to fit in a workout. Keep it up, ok!
I wonder where MaryAnn and Vickey are? LOL! I know MaryAnn is out there, lol, I see her posting. Are you trying to avoid us, girl? You can run but you can't hide, lol!

o

Okay, okay.....I'm here. Just wishing I had the energy to do all that y'all do!!! I think I need someone with a whip over here to get me going. LOL
At least I'm still coming here and reading your posts. Of course that doesn't burn off very many calories!

o

Hi! Glad to see ya come out of hiding, MaryAnn! LOL! I'm only teasing!
I did nothing all day but lay around, don't know why but I guess because its cold and dreary here. I finally got up and did the 2 mile ab tape and stomach crunches. Ok, thats four times this week, Just in case I don't do anything on the weekend. Its just sometimes hard when dh is home and he wants me to do this and that with him.
See ya guys later, Wanda

o

I did nothing last night. Had a sinus headache so used Thursday as my night off. I have no outside plans tonight so I am going to do my Body Electric tape. See you tomorrow!

o

Just weighed in, gained 2 lbs! So glad I came home from work every night last week exhausted and instead of curling up in front of the TV (which is what I felt like doing), I forced myself to workout. I'm done for now; I have zero motivation. Good luck to the rest of you.

o

Kathy, I know how that feels. I worked out four days this past week, stuck to my diet,(well, mostly)yesterday I was up a pound and this am, I am up another pound. ???????? It don't make sense, does it?
I am not giving up, though, taking the weekend off, but tomorrow morning, I will be working out! I am going to get these extra lbs off if its the last thing I do.
Don't Give up!!!!!!
Sometimes its just weird the way the scales move, lol!

o

Ok, its a new week! Gotta take off the couple of extra lbs that crept up on me.
Just did the 2 mile ab walk and a stomach crunch workout.
I had my uncle Sam cereal for breakfast and I am going to have a salad for lunch. For supper I am making a pork loin roast on my george foreman rotisserie,(this is south beach legal) and veggies.
Hope that you all haven't left me here all alone!

Did you ever have one of these days? I did this weekend,lol!

o

Hello! Anybody here?
I just did the 2 mile ab tape. Gee, guess I should drag out some other tapes to vary my workout.
Having a salad for lunch, skipped breakfast.
Ok, need to get busy, its after 12 now, and nothings done. I think when I worked I got alot more done, lol!

o

Ok, I feel like I am alone here! Am I? Why am I talking to myself?
I went shopping today and walked the mall,so I felt bad about skipping my workout. So after American Idol, I did the 2 mile walk and stomach crunches. I feel so good that I ended the day working out. Have to run again tomorrow. Hopefully I will feel like working out in the evening again. I am usually not a night person, I have all my energy in the day time.
I sure hope someone comes back and joins me!!! :(

o

I'm still here in the background, wishing I had your willpower!

o

Okay let's see...Tuesday: 1 mile of the 4 mile express, Wednesday: 1 mile abs, today firming tape. Gotta start up again.

Vickey-MN

o

Okay 1 mile again today. It's a start, let's see if I keep it up.

Vickey-MN

o

Glad your back,Vickey! I was getting ready to stop posting as I thought I was here all alone, thats no fun! I remember how long you use to post all by yourself.
I don't know what happen to Kathy. I sure wish she would come back. I miss you Kathy!
I did the 2 mile ab tape this morning. So thats four days this week. I missed yesterday.

o

Okay....I'm here, with good news this time! Yesterday I actually exercised! Mostly doing step and ab exercises. I can really feels my abs today! And I stayed within my WW points too, so I feel that I'm back in line again!

Glad you are back too, Vickey!

o

Yippee! MaryAnn's back, too!
Just did the 2 mile walk for the abs, but no stomach crunches, maybe I will do them later.
Gotta run, have a haircut appt.
I am so glad you guys are back. Now, if Kathy will join us.

o

I am back...needed a break. Tomorrow I start a new program...looks tough, but I'm going to give it a go. It's called Slim in 6 from Beachbody.com

I've already worked out my schedule and meals for the week (which is a HUGE plus for me!), so I should be off to a great start.....will keep everyone posted on how I'm doing. I also ordered some Somersize Protein shakes....they should be here tomorrow. I don't have any experience with them so hopefully they will taste good!

o

Walked 1 mile on Sunday, didn't do anything on Saturday or today. Hope to get back tomorrow. I did do 5 of 7 days last week, so that's good.

Vickey-MN

o

Just did my first tape (Start It Up - 25 mins). My legs are shaking from the lunges and squats, I'll be lucky if I can walk tomorrow! LOL

o

I took a break on Saturday and Sunday, but did all my exercises today!

o

Did the Start It Up tape again. My legs are definitely sore but the advice was to make sure to do it the 2nd day in a row because it will help the soreness. I don't know about helping it....LOL....but I was able to do the whole tape and felt that my form was a little better than last night. Only had minor soreness in abs, arms and back.

o

I haven't got back to doing my tapes yet, but I am exercising! I've got in the habit of exercising as soon as I get in from work, and watch Oprah at the same time. So far I haven't forgot to do them! I'm not sore now like I was last week.

o

Hi guys!
Kathy, I am glad your back. I hope your new program works for you.
I took the day off Sunday, we had freezing rain, and I stayed in my pj's all day and took pictures of the birds.
I worked out monday, tuesday and this morning, I just haven't been on here to post.
We are leaving Saturday morning for Florida and I have so much to do. We will be staying 2 to 3 weeks. I am not sure if I will have access to a computer while I am there. Last year we took ours along and we might again. We stay with my mom, so that is why we can stay so long.
I hope you guys keeps things going here and I will join you when I get back. I am taking my tapes along with me, and I plan on taking alot of sunny florida walks. Hope I get a chance to post from down there.
See ya guys later, Wanda

o

Did my Start It Up tape again. Still sore, but still plugging along!

Wanda - Enjoy your trip! With how cold it is here, I am very jealous!! :)

o

Thursday - night off. Friday - did Start It Up tape and 10 min Ab tape (part of the same program).

Have a hectic day today; not sure if I'll fit any kind of workout in.

o

I'm cleaning out my closet today. Believe me, that will be a workout!!!

Someone be sure to start a new February thread in the morning!!!

o

Just checking in....I definitely won't be doing anything today. Just got home from shopping and have a birthday party to go to in an hour.

MaryAnn - I know what you mean about the closet, I keep looking at mine thinking I really should clean it out....LOL....but then I don't! Maybe next weekend!

I have to be up early tomorrow to take the dog in for her "spa day" so I'll start a February thread....see ya then!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here