Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What are the exercise for arthritis patients?

Posted by leojoshrun (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 19, 13 at 6:13

Being in medication of arthritis, what are the exercise that could help. (home exercise preferred)

Leo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What are the exercise for arthritis patients?

This is the wrong place to ask for that information. Only your doctor can tell you that, because you could hurt yourself further if you take advice from the internet and do an exercise which isn't good for you. I do know that exercise can help with arthritis, so maybe your doctor would even be willing to send you for one or two physical therapy appointments if you need that help to choose some exercises you can do. I hope you find a program you like.

o

Stretching is great. This will help loosen you up for when you workout. There are probably a few workouts on youtube - same with stretching.....Well, I just checked and there are a ton of stretching and workouts that you can do from sitting positions and such if that is your limit. Check out arthritis workouts or stretching.

o

And if you aren't in the best shape, have an Epsom Salt balt afterwards.

o

I too have arthritis and I find that yoga and tai chi are great...both low impact and relaxing...you get a lot of stretching which is good for arthritis.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here