SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pjtexgirl

I need encouragement!

pjtexgirl
17 years ago

I'm PJ. I'm not new to GW(Texas Gardening) but I am new to this forum. I need your help. Your encouragement actually!

Here's my history.I'm 37,female,normal weight,and in fairly good shape. I have 2 boys(12 and 6) I'm a SAHM that homeschools. (Deeeep Breath)

My normal routine includes Martial Arts(Green belt Korean Martial Arts),Yoga(DVD at home I dislike gyms that aren't Martial Arts)and weight training(lowish weight,high reps).

Now for the encouragement... I've decided to join up with Team in Training North TX Chapter.Team in Training is an amazing program that combines marathons,triathlons or biking and fundraising to raise money for research to help blood cancer victims. It's a part of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I really don't know how to fundraise that well and running (for me) was really darn boring. I ran 10 miles several times a week back...oh y'know 17 years ago!!! It's a good cause and I will do it. I need somewhere to write about my frustrations learning how to run again and NOT dying of boredom and remembering how to breathe. I've re-discovered that breathing for running is unlike other sports.Iv I was more computer savvy I'd start a blog or something but I'll just whine here for now. I did four miles at a half-jog and my legs hurt! Wish me luck! PJ

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz