Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Broke leg --so how to lose weight without exercise?

Posted by momofanna (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 4, 13 at 1:23

I am bedridden for awhile...am 70 pounds overweight and now stuck in bed. Broke it when exercising by getting hit by dumb driver while walking outside.

Is it possible to lose any weight while in bed? Wouldn't even the best foods stick o you since you are immobile most of the time?

Anyone ever went through this? I already feel fatter!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Broke leg --so how to lose weight without exercise?

So, so sorry to hear you were hurt. Do you really have to be in bed? No crutches, no walker? Maybe you could talk to your doctor about what you can do to keep your muscles strong. You'll definitely have to watch what you eat since you are burning fewer calories every day. You do not want to gain weight during the time of your recouperation.

I was on crutches for a long time and got a couple of Jodi Stolove chair exercise DVD's. Sat in front of the TV and did them until I got very tired of those same faces, but it kept me moving. They are available on Amazon.

Not the best start for 2013 for you, but I commend you for being concerned about being inactive for so long. Hope that leg mends quickly.

o
RE: Broke leg --so how to lose weight without exercise?

Get well soon,
Green tea is best for burning belly fat and loosing weight.
Stay away from junk and fast food.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Exercise & Nutrition Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here