Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How much lobster for MS's phyllo w/ lobster filling????

Posted by sandyinva (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 29, 06 at 21:16

I know some time back, there was an answer to this question: I do not have time to purchase a lobster, steam and clean for appetizer for NY eve, But I have been dying to amke this recipe for several years and am determined to do so this year. Can anyone please tell me about how much lobster meat they have used for this? Would two tails work? I do not need to make 50 of these, 25 will do.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How much lobster for MS's phyllo w/ lobster filling????

sandyinva -

I'm sorry that you've not received any responses; phyllo w/lobster filling sounds wonderful and I've been hoping someone helps you so I could have the recipe!

But maybe others are like me and don't quite understand what you're asking. What does the MS in your title mean? Who or what is MS? Was this a recipe that was posted here? You say that the question was answered but I don't know what recipe you're referring to or where the recipe came from.

Perhaps I'm alone in the confusion, but perhaps not. Could you clarify a little and maybe something will click with someone and they'll be able to help? I'd sure love the info!

Suzieque

o

Hi Suzieque,

It's OK, I posted also on the cooking forum where I first saw the recipe a year or so ago, and did recieve a response. I used a 1 1/2 pound lobster, and used a little extra meat to put in trader joe's lobster bisque.
It is Martha Stewart's phyllo with lobster filling and it is easily googled. It came out very well, although I would have salted the filling just a little bit more. Thank goodness my husband had been in the military and knew what folding the phyllo "like a flag" meant. This is the first time I have used phyllo, and it was so easy, I can think of all kinds of fillings that would make great appetizers.

o

Hi Sandy - yum! Thanks for the info! Duh on me for asking who or what MS is! LoL.

I will google the recipe and appreciate your comment about the salt.

Suzieque

o
RE How much lobster for MS's phyllo w/ lobster filling????

Hi Sandy - yum! Thanks for the info! Duh on me for asking who or what MS is! LoL.

I will google the recipe and appreciate your comment about the salt.

Suzieque

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here