Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
In search of easy sandwich recipe.....

Posted by irishdancersgram (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 8, 08 at 17:50

I need something that is simple, easy to put together for gals at my card club...I'm tired of making BBQs and would like to try something new....I have limited time, that's why I need something easy....Any suggestions????

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: In search of easy sandwich recipe.....

You know, it's not fancy or creative, but I think almost everyone loves grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup in the winter. You can put the soup in mugs to make it easier while you are playing cards, and either serve half sandwiches to the side or cut them into sticks or little square "croutons" and put them right in the mug. Use interesting breads and cheeses if you feel whole wheat and cheddar aren't quite special enough.

o

There are lots of "Tea Sandwiches" that would work for a card playing group. Any of the below could be made in advance and coveres with a barely damp towel (and refrigerated) to keep them fresh.

Chicken salad
Cucumber and cream cheese
Ham salad
Turkey with cranberry mustard
Egg salad

Make 2 different kinds and put one on wheat and one on white or make all the sandwiches and use one slice of white onthe bottom and one slice of wheat on the top. Cut into triangles (no crusts please) and turn half over so the other bread is showing.

There are a lot of ideas in the link too.....

Here is a link that might be useful: tea sandwiches

o

This is so easy, delicious and people will be asking for more. Buy fresh made croissants at your supermarket bakery, Purchase some sliced ham and sliced cheese of your choice at the deli counter. You could also use turkey or any other filling. Cut and toast the croissants in the oven for about five minutes until they feel a little crunchy, then take them out and add the cold cuts and put them back in until browned and the cheese is melted. I serve fresh strawberries on the side and a nice wine. It's basically a regular sandwich in a nifter wrap lol.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here