Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cb_gw

going bearfoot at a friends house

CB
22 years ago

My daughter in-law always had us take off shoes when we visited. It made a lot of sense since they live up north where there is lots of snow and mud. When I returned home, I began to think about walking and running on the city streets. Visions of sputum, dog do, urine- both animal and human, motor oil, fuel oil, dog, cat and rodent hairs, wings and legs of dead cockroaches, chemicals from treated grass and snot blown out of male runners' nostrils persuaded me to request that all my guest take their shoes off when entering my house. If they refuse, they are not my friends and will never be invited again.

I provide cozy socks, slippers and in-house shoes. I do an extra vacuum and mop just before guests arrive so that their socks will be as clean as when they arrived. If you're going to have the no shoe rule, you have to damp mop often if you live in the city and have opened windows. We have lots of soot. I don't mind doing this in order to keep my guests feet clean and pollutants and germs out. I thank my daughter-in-law for getting me started.

CB

Comments (13)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler