Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
family get-together

Posted by grannytme (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 23, 09 at 15:43

hello everyone, I had asked my family (brother and daughter,wife wouldn't get out of bed, sis &husband, 2nd sis (widow) and last sis and husband ( couldn't make it from southern Ohio) understood that with snow that was called for here in sw Pa. to come to our home for the 19th. at 1:00. There would have been 18 people. THEN, the SNOW!!!!!
Everyone canceled!
That evening, the 19th, at 8, my sister called and said they would all like to come on the next day! They had the food prepared ahead (thanks to you all who helped with the menu). We did have a good time and ended with renewed relationships that had been damaged before.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: family get-together

Thank you for posting and telling us. I'm so glad it went well and you are all getting along better now. 2010 will be a better year for your family.

What did you end up serving? Old family favorites? New discoveries?

o

I served: baked ham bbq meatballs
scalloped potatoes baked beans
cauliflower salad pear salad perfection salad
veg and relish trays
mt, dew apple dumplings many many assorted cookies
We had a great time!

o

That sounds like real comfort food. I know your family enjoyed it.

o

My daughter makes us a small scrapbook each year with family pictures she's taken during the year. Actually she makes such a scrapbook for each of our immediate family (4). They are a real keepsake and not too expensive (but they do take a lot of planning and time to assemble).

This year we gave our grandkids season passes to the local children's theatre. That means we'll have 4 planned "outtings" with them during the next year. (And their parents will have 4 afternoons "kid free".) We also bought them a scooter to share at our house. More toys they don't need.

My dad buys whatever he wants whenever he needs it. This year I fixed him up with a snack sack - crackers, nuts, candy, cheeses, summer sausage, etc. I also tucked in a pair of slipper socks. He should be set for the New Years Day ballgames!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here