Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shiny_things

I need help worrying less

shiny_things
17 years ago

After thanksgiving my husband and I offered to have christmas dinner at our home for his family. I thought it would be his brother, sister, mother and father...the list of guest has gotten out of control. His brother is bringing his girlfriend (who just got out of jail) her three kids (who my mother in law thinks haven't ever been taught to mind) his sister is bringing her current boyfriend and his mother is bringing the family 'tag-a-long'. There is a half brother who may or may not show up with his girlfriend and their new baby...on top of all of this, is my husband myself and our two boys. I'm stressing about my house being loud and over run with rude guests and not feeling like I can say anything to them since I did invite them, and its the holidays and I don't want to look uptight - but really - whats appropriate in regards to other people's kids in my home? At what point can I put my foot down about complaining about the food? And do I really have to share my brandy with my father in law? HELP!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting