Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Countdown to the party... Six days...

Posted by NotEnoughRoses (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 2, 02 at 14:08

Having my first holiday open house in years this coming Saturday. About 30-some people have rsvp'd that they will be here. Another 8 or so, I haven't heard from so guess I should make a few phone calls.
I have the sandwich tray ordered, plus a friend is making 3 dozen decorated sugar cookies. I have a chocolate cake, some mini cheesecakes and gingerbread cookies all baked and frozen. I have the shortbread cookie dough made and frozen so all I need to do is un-thaw it Friday and bake them up. Have the fudge made... Chocolate truffles mixed up, but I still need to get them rolled and dipped. Dips to make... Veggie tray to make... Saturday I will make rosemary rum cake and a cappuccino cheesecake.
House is clean and decorated... Hair appointment Wednesday... Now we find out this morning my 11 month old will be having minor surgery next Monday morning - May be a blessing that I am already on over-load - I won't have time to sit around and worry!
There are a few things I had wanted to get done - more outdoor decorating - but I have decided I ain't Martha so no need to sweat it and just decided to go with what I got up already.
So, how is everyone else's holiday entertaining plans? ~ Suzie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Countdown to the party... Six days...

I had to smile when I read your post, as it sounded just like me several years ago. Every year since 1967..I had an annual Chili Supper for all my neighbors (around 30) the Sat night before Xmas, then it moved up to an ultra fancy Open House Cocktail party for 60, every Xmas Eve. But the old grey mare-she ain't what she used to be..LOL! Now I alternate each year-one year it's a fancy cocktail party for 25 on Xmas Eve, and this year it's my Christmas Morning Breakfast Buffet for 20 guests.
Good Luck with your bash..it'll be great I'm sure!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here