Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
notenoughroses_gw

Countdown to the party... Six days...

notenoughroses
21 years ago

Having my first holiday open house in years this coming Saturday. About 30-some people have rsvp'd that they will be here. Another 8 or so, I haven't heard from so guess I should make a few phone calls.

I have the sandwich tray ordered, plus a friend is making 3 dozen decorated sugar cookies. I have a chocolate cake, some mini cheesecakes and gingerbread cookies all baked and frozen. I have the shortbread cookie dough made and frozen so all I need to do is un-thaw it Friday and bake them up. Have the fudge made... Chocolate truffles mixed up, but I still need to get them rolled and dipped. Dips to make... Veggie tray to make... Saturday I will make rosemary rum cake and a cappuccino cheesecake.

House is clean and decorated... Hair appointment Wednesday... Now we find out this morning my 11 month old will be having minor surgery next Monday morning - May be a blessing that I am already on over-load - I won't have time to sit around and worry!

There are a few things I had wanted to get done - more outdoor decorating - but I have decided I ain't Martha so no need to sweat it and just decided to go with what I got up already.

So, how is everyone else's holiday entertaining plans? ~ Suzie

Comment (1)

Sponsored