Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dinner Party for @ 20 ppl - ideas anyone?

Posted by sophia71 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 1, 03 at 13:01

I'm having a dinner party at my place in about 2 weeks. I have invited about 15 people and they are free to bring a guest. I need didn't want to make it a pot luck cuase I know that everyone is so busy this time of year that I just wanted them to be able to come and relax.
I am thinking about making a roast and a chicken, a couple of salads, a lasagna... ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS?
Thanks
Sophia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dinner Party for @ 20 ppl - ideas anyone?

Iam having a paarty in 3 days with about 20-30 people. I thought I would get on this web site and find out how to rescue myself. Seems I will have to go to desparate measures, make my list today, shop tomarrow and cook all day Friday?!I was thinking about a Ham with sweet patatoes and patatoes. For desert, I ordered a liqior pound cake, however I need plain old chocolate for the kids and non alcohol types. Cookies, pie and more veggies of some sort....(Iam in trouble...)Any suggestins how to stay stress fress while one stresses out?LOL I do this to myself ofen, so I usually can pull it all off well, I just wish I could give myself more time to prepare mentally, Cheers and good luck to you, have fun!

o

There isn't a lot of posting going on in this forum lately- may I suggest both of you ask your question over at the Cooking Forum, or the Recipe Forum? I'm sure you'll get plenty of helpful answers, ideas and recipes from the friendly folks there!

o

gardengardengardenga
Just to keep you updated and for moral support. I have decided to not go too fancy. I am going to cook a ham and a roast. a lasagna, 2 salads, scalloped potatoes, plus burgers (for the kids). Kind of a pot luck but no one else is cooking but me!
Good luck!!!
no worries, it's about the company you're with!!!
:)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here