Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Boo' at Christmas?

Posted by misscristie (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 10, 07 at 12:57

Hello everyone!

I was introduced to "Boo"ing at Halloween this year. I loved it! It was such a great way to bring a good spirit of fun and friendship to my co-workers and neighbors.

I wanted to find something similar for Christmas, but all I can seem to find is the traditional Secret Santa stuff.

Does anyone know if there's something similar to this for Christmas floating around out there?

Thanks!!
Cristie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Boo' at Christmas?

Sorry...I don't know what a Boo at Christmas would be....what's a "Boo"?
A surprise gift? You can call it anything youw ant...Secret Santa...Elfin' Surprise or whatever.
Linda C

o

I remember seeing a request similar to this on a craft site, but I'm not sure where. This works best either at work or in a neighborhood. A Halloween "Boo" is when you make a few gift bags of goodies and give them to a couple friends. There is a peom saying that they have been "booed". They can keep the bag of goodies, prepare their own gifts and attach a copy of the poem, and pass those gifts on to a couple different people. You normally post your "Boo" peom on your door, or near your desk if at work, so others know that you already have been booed.

Some people were trying to make up poems for a Christmas "boo" and I'm not sure what term they used. The only thing I could think of is You've been HO-HO-HO'd!!

o

My kid's been boo-ed but we call it "Phantomed" (which I like a lot better) and a picture of the phantom ghost goes with the poem. Kids secretly ring your door bell and drop off a bucket of candy at your door running away so you don't know who they are. They leave a picture of the phantom ghost with a poem that says you've been phantomed and you need to phantom someone else (or it could be 3 people, etc). You leave the picture of the Ghost hanging on your door or window so that others know if you have already been phantomed or not. I'm sure there are other variations for office workers or adults to play with different rules.

You could called it anything for Christmas...
You've been jingled, run over by a reindeer, Secret Santa-ed, Kris Kringled, Lit Up like a Tree, Ornamented, Eggnoged... the list could go on forever. Make up any word you want. If people are understanding the term Boo, you can probably roll with just about anything for Christmas.

o

We were Booed last Halloween and have been wanting to do it for Christmas but uh forgot! Jingled sounds cute! you can just create a page in word and insert a pic of jingle bells and the words( from the saved boo paper) explaining what it means. Have fun, I think I will have to wait until next year at this point. Merry Christmas Sue

o

On the stamping site I frequent, we were Secret Elves and you were *Elfed*. Someone wrote a poem explaining how it worked, posted it and we printed it off and sent it with our box of goodies. Fun!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here