Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
centerpieces for party

Posted by new_kitcheneer (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 6, 06 at 11:52

Would love to get any creative ideas for centerpieces for a bar mitzvah. Looking to do something with a medieval/woodsy bent to it. Thanks for any suggestions!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: centerpieces for party

Are you going to make them yourself? If you are going to use (or know) a florist, ask him/her, even if you aren't thinking floral centerpieces -- they have great ideas, and they are happy to help even without flowers or plants.

My son's bar mitzvah was at Purim, so we had a masquerade party, and we had collections of masks, beads, face paint, hats, etc. in the middle of each table (not just for decoration -- for guests to use, especially the ones who had refused to wear costumes but then regretted it once they arrived!), and just a little vase with a gerbera daisy and some ting-ting in the middle. The florist arranged it all. For my daughter, who had used part of her money to buy school supplies for a school where she volunteered as a tutor, the florist arranged some of the notebooks, crayons, etc., along with a little note explaining, in the middle of the tables for the kiddush lunch. I have seen similar displays with donated books, toiletries, and toys.

Mazal tov!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here