Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
millymoo_gw

Open House invitation, need to R.S.V.P???

millymoo
11 years ago

Hi all!
My husband & I would like to hold a Christams Open House either a few days before the day or shortly after. It will be for friends, family & neighbors we don't know too well. We are new to the neighborhood, have been working on re-habbing our old house for a year before we moved into it this September.

I would like to include on the e-vites & paper ones; 'No need to R.S.V.P.' I just think that it's a casual open-house-I don't expect some of them to respond. I'd like it to be something they can feel no pressure to attend if they have other obligations since I know people are busy over the holidays. Is this alright to do?

Entertaining is largely foreign to me so please advise. I have read 'Lessons in Entertaining here on the forum & it's filling me with dread,lol!

A friend asked 'How do you know how much food & drink to provide if they don't R.S.V.P? I just figure I'll provide enough drinks, cookies & app's for the amount of invitations sent more or less. It will be buffet style with a food table and a drinks table where guests can help themselves.

What do you think?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Cabinetry & Construction, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Richmond City General Contractor, Bringing New Life to Old Homes