Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Group craft for gardeners Christmas party

Posted by trashywoman (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 5, 12 at 1:12

I am having a small holiday party for about 10 gardeners. Does anyone have an idea for a fun craft that we could do with no mess inside that would involve each person bringing an item and then all of us using the items to make one thing? I thought it would be like having a theme and say everyone bring a 1 foot piece of holiday ribbon and then we combine all the ribbons to make something....I just can't get anywhere after the initial " idea".
Any creative minds out there that can help? I really don't want to get out glue or paint or anything messy and time consuming.

Thanks, Regina

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Group craft for gardeners Christmas party

Wow. I can think of several fun little quick/easy craft projects for gardeners... however, since you don't want to even get out glue, paint, or spend any time on it, then I can't think of anything you could do other than tie those 10 pieces of ribbon together into one big knot!

o

What about using that ribbon to create different holiday bows for gifts? Better Homes & Gardens December issue has how-to's on creating different bow styles for gift-wrapping. Personally, I'd enjoy a tutorial on doing this so I could achieve the results the professionals do rather than my current effort involving curling some ribbon up and sticking a pre-made bow on a gift, lol!

o

Well, it's after Christmas and I'm wondering what you eventually thought of. A consideration for next year, maybe have your friends each bring one type of plant or flower seeds with enough to exchange with everybody else. There are so many free printable seed packets that you can copy off and have a seed exchange. Or ask them to bring a variety of crafts sticks and you all can make plant markers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here