Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
California Pizza Kitchen's Field Greens Salad

Posted by imcookin (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 17, 02 at 17:23

I am supposed to prepare a salad for a luncheon and I would like to make one similar to CPK's field greens salad with pears and candied walnuts with a Dijon balsamic dressing. Now I know the title sounds like I should be able to come up with the recipe, but I know anything I could come up with just wouldn't taste the same, so I was wondering if anyone had a copycat recipe? I have the first CPK book, but the recipe is not in there. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: California Pizza Kitchen's Field Greens Salad

imcookin,

Here is a recipe from California PIzza Kitchen although it doesn't call for pears or candied walnuts.

Ann.

Field Greens Salad
Airdate: 7/6/1999
Ingredients
Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard 1 tbsp. Minced garlic 1/2 tsp. Freshly groundblack pepper 1/4 tsp. Salt 1 1/4 cups plus 2 tbsp. Olive oil Salad 1 1/2 lbs. Clean crisp mixed baby salad greens 12 cherry tomatoes, stemmedand cut in half

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Preparation:
1. In a mixing bowl, use a whisk to stir together the vinegar, mustard, garlic, pepper, and salt. Whisking continously, slowly pour in the olive oil. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Put the salad greens in a large mixing bowl. Add the dressing, using salad servers, toss well to coat the greens. Transfer the dressed to chilled salad plates and place the cherry tomato halves alongside.

Servings: 8

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Source: California Pizza Kitchen

o

Thanks, Ann. I bet that is the dressing I am looking for. I believe I can figure out a way to sugar the walnuts and then just add the pears and omit the tomatoes. The dressing was key and I wasn't sure how to make it. I appreciate your help.

o

Your welcome imcookin, You might also try some Roquefort or Stilton cheese with toasted walnuts and pears. That combination works well together in a salad.

Ann.

o

Mmmm! That sounds like a great idea. I think I will do just that. Thanks again, Ann!

o

Just a follow-up...I made the salad with mixed field greens, sugared walnuts, slivered red pears and blue cheese, omitted the tomatoes and drizzled the whole thing with the dijon balsamic vinaigrette. It was wonderful! Thanks again for the recipe, Ann.

o

Thanks for the feedback Imcookin. Pears ,Blue cheese, and walnuts really are a great match. I'm glad it was what you were looking for.

Ann.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here