Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
retirement party

Posted by arandygail (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 18, 02 at 17:08

My dad would like to throw a retirement party for my mom. I told him that I would host it, but I really have no idea where to even start. I have never even been to a retirement party. Any info/help you can provide would be most appreciated :) (The party won't be until the beginning of January, so I have a little time to prepare.)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: retirement party

Retirement parties usually involve the participation of the co-workers. In advance you'll want to contact co-workers, maybe have a "key" person helping you, to have them come up with funny or memorable stories involving your mom, and how having your mom as a coworker helped them. Little anecdotes.

The party should be like a cocktail reception with appetizers, and set aside a time for the coworkers to tell their stories, mom's manager to speak, maybe the owner of the company to speak, and to toast the retiree.

Also put together a scrapbook with work memorabilia, pictures of coworkers, pictures from previous company parties, etc, as a keepsake.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here