Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lexi7_gw

White Doves

lexi7
15 years ago

If releasing white doves in a ceremony seems romantic to you, read on.

A small white pigeon showed up on my front porch the other evening and roosted there on the cold concrete all night. It had a broken wing and looked stressed, so I did not want to stress it further by trying to catch it. I put out some bread for the poor thing, but he did not know to eat it. The next day he walked all around the yard hunting food, but refused anything I tried to give him. He was afraid of me, so I did not try to get too close. I put a paper filled basket near the place where he roosted the previous night, but he refused it. He spent a second night on the front porch concrete in freezing temperatures.

I called the neighbors to see if someone knew of anybody who raised pigeons in hopes they would come get him. Come to find out, "white doves" were released not far from our house in a ceremony. I donÂt know what happened to the other "dove", but the one that found its way here was snatched up by a hawk while trying to feed on the ground with a broken wing. Releasing white doves might seem romantic, but it certainly was not a romantic death for the birds.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES