Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kezia_gw

company holiday party ideas - need ideas

kezia
15 years ago

Hi there,

I am hosting a holiday party for a site of 100 employees and their SO the first week in December.

I have the restaurant and band (bosa nova) lined up.

Any ideas on a good mixers or entertaining games to humor folks during the evening.

Event will run about three or so hours.

We were going with a las vegas night but that is going to be too expensive.

Kezia

Comments (6)

• colleenoz
    15 years ago

I'm not a big fan of games at adult events, I would have thought the music and conversation would be enough.
    One thing I did encounter at some large gathering which I thought was a great idea was a magician who went from table to table and performed a few small magic tricks for each group. It was fun and didn't intrude too much- if you get people like me who don't enjoy games they won't be too happy standing around or having others try to cajole them into joining in.

• carla35
    15 years ago

I agree with colleen. Genrally, no party games are needed for adults. If you have prizes or company stuff to give away, just do an attendance prize drawing.

The band could have some stuff lined up that they do at weddings,etc. You may want to ask them if you really want something done. Maybe you could 'teach' line dancing or soemthing along those lines, but generally you don't want to have to compete with the band.

There was a magician who came around to tables at a restaurant that we went to recently. Of course, he generally dealt with the kids. I'm not even sure that would go over too well with most adults.

Keep it simple.

• kathleenca
    15 years ago

Another thought, Kezia, would be to have a fortune teller also. My husband's employer had both at their company anniversary parties, which were big hits - lines waiting for them.

• lindac
    15 years ago

No games for an adult party.
    I have been to parties with a fortune teller and a magician and a ventriloquist who strolled and who's puppet made small talk and an outside pool side party with a monkey who panhandled for snacks...that was a bit Icky!
    But I vote for a magician...I can give you the name of a good one who specializes in corporate parties, he's located in Vegas but will travel...he's very good and very expensive!
    Linda C

• sharon_fl
    15 years ago

I too agree on the 'game' during an adult party-with the exception of one quick one that has always create laughter in lg parties I've done. Simply, you have each table of seated people split in to 2 teams (the one, two manner), then have all of the 'ones' stand together in a circle on the dance floor. Ditto with the two team.
    Direct them to remove their shoes & throw them into the center of their circle. Once done-you or the emcee-step into the circle & mixes them all up in a pile.
    On the count of 3..everyone must scramble to find their shoes, put them on & the 1st team who completes the race...wins.
    I also had a caricature artist on hand who worked for a minimal fee for those who wanted one done.
    Something else I did was set up an area for a photographer to take pics of couples, or buddies at the party. It could be a well set, candle lit table for two-toasting w/champagne glasss-or something funny-like the 'boss's desk with a swivel chair and a side chair-posing the couple with the man sitting in the swivel chair, feet upon the desk & the gal taking a memo. A placard on the desk in big print says:"IT's MY TURN"! or something funny! Pics could be passed out later in the evening as souvineers.

• kezia
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sharon_FL, Thanks for the ideas. You helped me get my juices flowing with your post. I like the photographer suggestion. I have folks that love to take pictures. That will be an easy one.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. Kezia

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery