Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wedding Food

Posted by silversword (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 18, 08 at 13:26

Hosting a small wedding, 30 people, very few children. On the beach in the afternoon in December. I need food suggestions!!! It will be heavy appetizers.

I'm thinking:

Vegi platters
Cheese/fruit/cracker/meat platter
Chocolate fountain with fruit

Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wedding Food

HI Silversword -

I'm not sure I understand. Is the wedding food going to be ALL appetizers, and you're looking for suggetions for those, or were you saying that there are going to be lots of appetizers, so the main food you're looking for should consider that?

Suzieque

o

Hi Suzie,
Yes, it's all appetizers, cake, chocolate fountain. The wedding/reception will be between 3-6pm on a saturday. One consideration is also getting some giant deli sandwiches that can be cut into small individual pieces.

I'm looking for easy food for a wedding on the beach. No sit down meal.

Thank you!

o

Do you really need the chocolate fountain? If there is no meal, and you already have the cake, I wouldn't have another major sweet; I'd let it either be primarily appetizers with one sweet, or primarily sweets with one other item like fruit or chips. Chocolate fountains don't seem all that beach-y to me anyway (and will there be a place to plug it in?) -- I think something like Italian ices or even ice cream bars would be fun and in keeping with your apparently casual tone. Of course, if the chocolate fountain is someone's favorite treat, go for it.

o

Hi Gellchom,
It's in December at a private beach with cabana, so there is electricity, etc. I don't want to do cold things because the weather will probably be too cold for ice creams. The fountain is an idea to keep people talking, kind of a social thing...

But I can't figure out what kind of fruit to use either. All I can think of are strawberries!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here