Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
akamomto7

Remove shoes?

akamomto7
17 years ago

I am wondering if it's too rude to ask (insist?) that people remove their shoes when entering my home? I have a humorous little poem on the front door that seems to go unnoticed by most people. I realize that some people wear boots (some of my adult sons) but I really would appreciate it if they removed their shoes. We have a nice long bench right inside the door so it's easy to sit down. When I have my Christmas get together, how can I get them to remove their footwear so it's a lighthearted thing and not a command.......especially, if it is wet outdoors? Do I need to provide coverings for their feet and if so, where do I get them?

Pat

Comments (42)

• carla35
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

There have been some long posts on this subject. If you type in "shoes" in the search engine, you'll come up with many opinions on the matter.

Personally, I would recommend you get a nice rug, or forgo having people over altogether if you are that worried about your house.

• akamomto7
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Carla, thanks for your response. I'm not "that" worried but with 50 people, including lots of kids, I have to be practical. Thanks for the tip about searching for "shoes"....I'll look into that.
    Pat

• lowspark
    17 years ago

Ditto what Carla said. I've never commented on those loooonnnngggg threads before, and there are a few of them out there. But do you really want to have 50 pairs of shoes sitting in your entry? And when people leave (or enter) they have to stand in a line to get room on the bench to put their shoes back on? And by the time 25 of those people have retrieved their shoes, there will be a mess left with shoes strewn about, I can imagine.

In addition, although some people won't mind taking off their shoes, there will be those who are put out by it. And the last thing you want is people feeling uncomfortable or put out at your party. Hey, my shoes are a part of my complete outfit, you wouldn't ask me to take off my jewelry, or my make up, would you? Well essentially the shoes are just another element of clothing that make up the outfit.

Personally, I'd just figure in the cost of a carpet cleaning service as part of the party budget, assuming you have carpets. If you have floors, you're going to have to mop anyway.

• carla35
    17 years ago

akamonto,

I guess people have different ideas on what pratical means. If someone told you they wouldn't serve any food or drink at their party because there was going to be a lot of people there, and the chance that something could get spilled was high...would you consider that "Practical"? Pratical is serving lemonade instead of fruit punch to kids..or giving them plastic cups to use instead of your good glasses. It's not telling people to remove their shoes, IMHO. I could see if it was some cultural thing, but if it's just for pratical purposes, I'd consider it a crass request.

• akamomto7
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks, Carla and Lowspark:
    Since I asked for honest thoughts, I am certainly re-thinking the shoe removal thing..........
    If both of my responders feel it's a bad thing to ask people to remove their shoes, I'll go with that. Your feedback is very much appreciated.
    I'm even taking the sign off the door since no once responds to it anyway!!!
    Pat

• lindac
    17 years ago

I have had many many parties will well more than 50 people...I have oriental ( real, made in the middle east by hand) rugs, oak floors and I did have some pale carpet...but tore it up infavor of another rug....
    Never EVER would I dream of asking people to leave their shoes by the door. I went to one party where there was such a sign posted....and I will never go back to that house.
    There are carpet shampoos, and vacuums for floors. Floors are what you walk on, with shoes on your feet.
    I can't imagine dressing up, nice dress, hose carefully chosen shoes to go with the rest of the out fit...or worse yet...buying new shoes for the occasion and being presented with a sign to please remove my shoes and pad around in my stocking feet!
    Nope...I would turn and leave.
    Linda C

• labmomma
    17 years ago

Controversial doesn't begin to cover it.

Did you see the episode of Sex & The City where Sarah Jessica Parker's character has to remove her shoes upon entering a party? Upon her exit, she finds someone has taken her Manolo Blahnik shoes.

For me it is two pronged, if you are doing it to keep you home free of germs, then I can see your point. My husband has a colleague who is from India. Most people from that area of the world, Singapore, eastern countries, remove their shoes always when entering a home. That is not the norm here in the US.

If you are doing it to keep you rugs and/or floor clean, just relax about all the control issues and make a carpet cleaning appointment for the day after your party.

Please don't inconvenience your guests. If it is a holiday party, people will have gifts, or at least hostess gifts, etc. People with small children. I don't think its a good idea. It's a problem with coats. I have more than once gone to get my coat only to find someone else has gone with it. I definitely wouldn't want someone leaving in my shoes. Also, this may be the thing people remember from your party, the zoo-like atmosphere of everyone removing their shoes. I am sure that's not the memory you are going for.

It will become a circus at your entryway. I would reconsider. You or someone else, will have to police the guests, since with a crowd, no one is going to notice your sign. Your close friends and family will automatically follow your house rules. Others, not so much.

If the weather is bad, put down some extra mats and lots of umbrella bins. I think when you are entertaining, you should make it as easy as possible for your guests to get in the door and get a beverage. The guests may want to use the bench to sit the little ones down to get their coats off and perhaps leave you a little hostess gift:))).

Hope your party is a success.

• chase_gw
    17 years ago

I would never ever dream of asking people to remove their shoes either. However I would place a nice big, rough mat at the door so people can wipe their feet.

We can have some pretty slushy, awful weather this time of year here in Canada, my experience is most people bring a pair of shoes to wear inside. Fine if they do, fine if they don't.

I am honest in saying I would never ask anyone to remove their shoes but I find many, many people do it anyhow. Especially kids. My kids know to kick their shoes off before going into anyone's house and all their freinds do the same thing. Kids just have dirtier shoes! LOL

• akamomto7
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ok, ok.........I'm crying UNCLE! I realize, after reading all the posts, that I was way off base. Guess I knew it wasn't the right thing to do...... deep down......otherwise, I wouldn't have sought your opinions. Seems like everyone agrees. I won't be asking friends and family to remove their shoes. So appreciate all the responses.
    Pat

• azzalea
    17 years ago

The problem here is that this topic is VERY regional.

In some areas, it's considered rude to wear one's shoes in the house. In others (where I live, for instance), it's considered beyond rude to go to someone's home and kick off your shoes. It's just not done.

None of us can tell you if this is the right thing for you to do--it really does depend upon where you live, and what the practices are there. You'd probably be better off asking among your good friends and relatives. Of course, this topic gets really interesting these days, because so many people have moved away from the places and practices where they grew up.

Keeping in mind that everyone's opinion on this is influenced by their upbringing--if someone asked me to take my shoes off at the door, I'd probably turn around and leave. Several reasons: I wear special shoes prescribed by my podiatrist to treat a foot condition. I don't want to walk around in bare feet where a bunch of others are also in bare feet--and run the risk of picking up a fungus or other infection. If I don't know how the hostess keeps house, it could be a safety issue, (could there be lost pins from sewing in the rug? slivers of glass if something broke 6 months ago?--those things are often hard to find and remove competely). And I have to admit, to me, asking guests to remove shoes screams loud and clear that one puts things (rugs/floors) ahead of people--doesn't make me feel welcome.

Why not look for other alternatives? If you're having children over, set them up in their own room to eat--one with either a tile floor, or maybe a cheap rug (even a sheet of plastic) put down to protect the good carpet. Choose lemonade or milk instead of grape juice and Koolaid. Maybe you could have some teens overseeing the kids--not just for eating, but organizing games or crafts to keep them busy.

In general, serve that are less messy, easy to eat, less likely to stain. If the weather is bad, some of those clear runners could be used to cover the traffic patterns. How about Scotchguard on the carpet ahead of time? Have the appropriate cleaning products handy, so that if you need to, you can spot clean after the party. I think, with a little creativity, you can probably come up with practical, hospitable solutions.

Of course, you could get really creative, and include something on your invites about wanting everyone to be cosy and comfy, so 'wear your most comfortable clothes and bring your slippers for a warm old family party'. Perhaps, approached in the right way, done with a bit of humor, it could end up being a fun aspect of the party. Maybe make it a 'night before christmas' party--inviting folks to wear their flannel pj's, nightcaps and slipper? Would be different!

I don't think anyone is trying to be too critical--just trying to give examples of how such a request has so many different interpretations for different people. Some people are delighted to kick back without their shoes, some aren't. Just depends upon who your guests are. Whatever you decide, have a great party.

• stumpyouch
    17 years ago

akamomto7,

You've opened a can of worms now. :) Be prepared for this thread to drag on for months. Even though you've decided that you're not going to ask people to remove their shoes, tons of people are going to jump in telling you what you should do. Then the shoes-off people are going to come in defending their requests to have people remove their shoes. (It really shows you who does and does not read the entire thread before dispensing their opinion. :) ) I think the shoes-on vs. shoes-off debates gets more heated than religion or politics debates.

Anyway, hope you have happy holidays,

Stumpy

• ponderinstuff
    17 years ago

We have good friends that wouldn't think twice about removing their shoes if they knew we didn't wear them, and it wouldn't be difficult to ask.

There are others than are not as comfortable in our home and I would not think of asking them to remove their shoes, nor would I want to be asked to do so at theirs.

I wonder if people consider that feet can stink, carry foot fungus, and socks can be really dirty. Everyone doesn't even wear socks. My husband use to live with a guy that had feet with an awful odor. He wasn't dirty, it was just his feet. People like this would be really embarrassed and others might not appreciate their feet.

• akamomto7
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Please know that I appreciate everyone's response. I am totally comfortable with not asking the guests to remove their shoes. Guess I just didn't think it out, but everyone's pretty much together in their view that it's not the thing to do.
    I'm glad I asked and happy with the replies.
    Thanks to all and Happy Holidays.
    Pat

• mcarr
    17 years ago

I know that alot of people think that it is rude to ask someone to take their shoes off, but if it is that important to some people than take a pair of "indoor" shoes to wear that are dry and clean. I would never dream of wearing my shoes in someones house. I dont like it when people where theirs in mine, I try very hard to keep my house clean, and find it disrespecfull and rude to wear your shoes in someones house. If it is "apart of the outfit" then bring the shoes with you and put them on so they are clean and dry. I provide slippers for my mother inlaw to wear in my house so she doesn't wear her shoes. I say your house your rules, but I wouldn't dream of wearing my shoes in someones house.

• akamomto7
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi......since most all the posts suggested I NOT ask people to remove their shoes, I was surprised (happily) that you didn't think I was all that rude!
    Now what do you do when repairmen and service people come to your home? Always a problem..........
    Thanks for your response.
    Pat
    PS: Not only do I dislike the idea of shoes that have walked on dried 'whatever' outdoors, I am not serving red wine or punch so as not to have a giant red stain on my new light carpeting! How about that? (smile)

• chase_gw
    17 years ago

I feel so sorry for repairmen and service people and the rage they must tolerate from cutomers worried about their carpets. In Canada we have laws to protect workers. They should never be out of their work boots, never. There are so many workplace injuries that can occur and insurance can be a problem for them.

If you can't get your head around a worker wearing their safety boots when working in your home then provide "booties" for them to slip over their work boots. They are available at HD for pocket change.

• carla35
    17 years ago

I have a mat outside and a rug by the door inside. If dirty, they wipe their feet, end of problem.

I did have a repairman once make a really big deal about changing into other shoes before he entered my house. (he had like outside and inside shoes---funny, though the inside ones looked dirtier plus he forgot one time and left on the outside shoes anyway - I almost yell, Gothca!) He was so into changing his shoes and making me watch him do it. I'm guessing he had some "no dirty shoes in the house issue" or his company did, and that he didn't think I had some odd foot fettish and was being turned on by it. The whole thing was just creepy. I'm like for pete's sake, I'm being charged by the minute, quit changing your shoes! He went back and forth five or six times for things. It got really old, really fast.

But really, how dirty can someone's house get from someone walking in their shoes, and why are workman's shoes considered worse than anyone elses? Are they playing in landfills or something? If the carpets get dirty, take out the vaccuum or sweep up the floors. No big deal. Or, just have him enter through a back or basement door if it really bothers you.

• azzalea
    17 years ago

My husband is a utility worker who often has to go into people's homes. He's required to wear safety boots while working. And he's had customers demand that he remove his shoes--if they're adamant, he walks away and won't enter their home--but he WILL NOT remove his shoes while working.

Most importantly, it's a safety issue. Workmen/repairmen need to be wearing appropriate foot protection to prevent injury. It's also a time issue--when my husband can have between 200 and 600 stops a day, he doesn't have the time to be removing his shoes for each and every visit.

No workman should ever be asked to remove their shoes. If the carpeting is an issue, then it's up to the homeowner to provide: disposable paper booties that can be slipped over the workman's shoes; a plastic runner to protect their floor covering; an alternate entrance where the workman can access their house without tramping through the living room. It's not the responsibility of the worker to put his livilihood at risk by removing his required safety gear.

• lindac
    17 years ago

Many workmen wear overshoes and leave them by the door....but when the weather is dry, they wear them into my house.
    I am imagining a big party....or even a small party, where all the men and women arrive with their little shoe bags and their pretty slippers and stand aroung sipping wine in their booties with a big pile of shoes at the door!
    I had a big new year's eve party, 75 to 80 people, and there was a foot of snow outside and still coming down, and everyone wore boots or overshoes of some sort.....and the entry way was so full of shoes and boots it became a hazard! I guess I was lucky so many people cans, considering the weather....but it was a mess!Linda C

• suzieque
    17 years ago

My goodness - a party where people must remove their shoes so the floor doesn't get dirty and not drink red wine because some might get on the carpet (if you're that concerned and don't trust that cleaners will take care of spills, why did you get light carpet?).

I must admit that I certainly wouldn't find it easy to relax and enjoy myself; I'd feel as though the hostess would be watching every move and every crumb that might touch the floor and following people around with a hand vac. I'd also feel as though she really didn't want to have the party but did so out of some obligation.

It's your house so you have the right to conduct your party in your own way, regardless of your guests. But wouldn't you rather think about your guests and what they'd like and have your party so they'd be comfortable, relax, and enjoy it?

Just my opinion, as you asked.

Suzieque

• akamomto7
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ok,ladies,I'm crying UNCLE! I am getting the message loud and clear. Please understand that I raised seven sons so I'm not some nutty gal who hasn't ever seen a mess. I have recently moved to a new home and we replaced the carpet when we moved in. Over my 53 years of marriage, I have had Air Force housing carpet, I've had NO carpet, and I've had crappy carpet.

It is obvious that the vast majority believe it's not right to ask people to remove their shoes and I appreciate everyone's opinion. I have never asked a workman to remove their shoes.....it was just a question.
    Maybe we can lay this thread to rest. I didn't realize it would open a hornet's nest............as I said "I'm crying UNCLE".
    Pat

• suzieque
    17 years ago

Yes, you cried uncle yesterday, then teased with your comment about no red wine then a smile. So, we (I?) bit. That's not the way to make a thread die (grin!). Everyone has ideas and yours are important, too. You, too, have a right to be happy and comfortable at your parties, and if you are worried about every little thing you won't be. Congratulations on your new home!

• amyfiddler
    17 years ago

Man, is there anything more annoying than a huge pile of shoes to greet you at the door? Why bother creating a beautiful foyer when you have this mess to contend with.

If I could come up with a solution for the modern party house I'd be a rich woman.

• party_music50
    17 years ago

Hi. I read the entire thread. :) It caught my eye because it reminded me of a dear friend who would always *insist* that I remove my shoes when entering her house... but when she came to mine, she would not only leave her shoes on, she would sit on the sofa with her shoed-feet up on my coffee table! My house was in no way inferior to hers (since you mentioned it, she had AF carpeting, BTW). It always irked me, but I never said anything. I wouldn't EVER ask anyone to remove their shoes.

I personally HATE being asked to remove my shoes at someone's house, primarily because I DON'T know what might be on the floor (and *dangerous* to unprotected feet). Plus, my feet get cold!

Regarding "workmen": the best businesses send their workmen out with their own disposable paper booties.

• Bevb
    17 years ago

No shoes in my house, not one person has complained or left. We don't allow smoking, and if the children are home, no swearing. Fortunately my friends and I all feel the same way. Quite frankly, I never thought it was such a big issue until I seen some of the other threads.

• gardener64
    17 years ago

This is a complicated issue, I do not mind removing my shoes at anyones house, I have 2 friends who insist and I bring a huge pair of outside socks so my feet don't get cold
    but at a party of 50 NO because then chances are , you step in something wet coming in or going out or someone does not remove their shoes and your feet are wet all night
    I take off my shoes when I enter my house but my husbanad does not , does not bother me one way or other just wipe good so i don't step in it, I buy extra mats for the hall and basement every year
    akamomto you certainly opened a can of worms and if the way you run your house offends anyone tough its yours when they make the payments they can make the rules
    and you have to serve both red and white wine its only appropiate!!!

• susanjf_gw
    17 years ago

we had 10 adult shoes, and the 6 grands at dd2's door...she has a special rug and keeps the house warm... it seems to be a midwest thing here. (in ca we went barefoot anyway, lol)

• orchid_ladycats
    17 years ago

Okay -- another voice chimes in. Along with not allowing smoking, my husband and I always ask guests to take off their shoes. Our friends know this about us, see it as a possibly-annoying idiosyncrasy, and they humor us. We have hardwood floors and light carpeting in a fairly new home. Ever since a friend with high heels left a few deep indentations in the hardwood floor, we decided we just wanted to keep things looking nice. I keep a selection of slippers and sandals in the front closet for anyone who'd like to put them on -- that takes care of the cold feet concern! And we always take a pair of slippers with us when we go to visit friends. I don't ask elderly relatives to de-shoe -- after all, age has its privileges -- but if they were wearing heels, I would! (If they're spry enough to wear high heels, they can manage in the slippers.) These days, lots of workmen in our area have booties to pull over their workshoes -- like those that hospital staff use -- and I really appreciate that. I think we also can get away with this because we never have parties that require dressing-up!

• amyks
    17 years ago

Hello all. I am a first time poster in this forum, but have been lurking for a long time. I have enjoyed so many of the questions and learned from the responses. This is the first post I have felt a strong urge to respond to.
    Sleepyhollow,
    I find your post stomach churning. Please do not feel the need to share so much. We are not children and most are aware of the condition of public restrooms. I believe you are a troll. I have read your other posts to make sure I was not jumping to conclusions. Your condescending tone, bent on teaching us all lessons was ill-received by me. If you find people in general so unworthy of visiting your home, why invite them? I find you repulsive for a myriad of reasons. Go away.

Amy

• carla35
    17 years ago

I think you're being a little hard on sleeyhollow. I don't think he's a troll, but I do think he may suffer from a germ phobia.

I'm sure most of us are aware of the many germs around us. But we don't dwell on the fact that the mud outside is really part decaying dead animals, and that when we shake hands with people we don't really know exactly where their hands have been or if they have even washed their hands after going to the bathroom. And, most of us still eat in restaurants although we have no way of knowing what really goes on back there or how fresh the food is.

We can all live life afraid to do anything or be around anyone in fear of being contaminated by something. We can all scrub our soda cans to insure there is no rat urine on them. Why don't we just ask our visitors to put on gloves and face masks during cold season? There are bigger things to worry about than having to make visitors take off their shoes because of possible germs. Yes, if there's a big hunk of doggie dodo hanging off them it would be a good idea to take them off outside, but generally, I would think you (or kids) are far, far more likely to catch something some other way at a party.

• nancylouise5me
    17 years ago

That's the first thing I thought of when I was reading sleepyhollows post too carla...germ-a-phob. That and he is ill-mannered. It just that simple, when you care more about things than you do about making invited guests comfortable you are ill mannered.
    PS...I laughed out loud when I read your doggie dodo statement. Thanks for making me laugh today! NancyLouise

• yakuta
    17 years ago

To me there is no one right answer to this - It's a matter of your culture (I am Indian and would never dream about wearing shoes inside anyones house, I was conditioned not to wear shoes indoors, it's disrespectful).

I never insist that others who visit my house remove their shoes. I just ask that in the cold and nasty midwest weather where snow turns into slush and a big mess that people wipe their feet before walking all accross my wood floors.

In short, I feel comfortable without shoes when I am indoors, this applies to anyones home. I always ask my friends if I should remove my shoes when I visit them and a lot of times I remove them and they tell me that it's O.K. to wear them.

I carry my respect for others traditions and perhaps anal attitudes to hygiene when I visit them. It does not bother me too much. If there was a shoes off policy I would be fine with it, if it was a shoes on policy I would also be fine with it.

I am surprised however as to some of the strong sentiments people have on this topic.

• lowspark
    17 years ago

yakuta,
    I think asking people to remove their shoes for cultural reasons is a completely different issue than asking them because you don't want to get your carpet dirty. I think one definitely needs to respect cultural differences when visiting other people's homes.

However, I still maintain that 50 pairs of shoes in an entry way and people looking for a spot to sit to put them on after rummaging through the mess is not ideal. I wonder how cultures which take their shoes off deal with that kind of situation. Also, knowing I was going to visit someone whose culture dictated removal of shoes, I'd be prepared for that. Arriving at a party and suddenly being told to remove my shoes to save the carpet, as I said, is a whole different ball game.

• lindac
    17 years ago

And.....why would any one who ever thought they might like to entertain others in their home, have things that are "visitor unfriendly"??
    My house is 80 years old this summer....oak floors...original oak floors. I know the woman who built my house....and another who lived here longest before it became my house. And there were parties!!
    The floors look wonderful!!! And the walls murmur about good times, children and Christmas trees... Martinis and sitting around the fire, big crowds in the winter and in the summer too.
    I don't see that the house is any the worse for the experiences.
    The carpet that was here when we moved in was about 20 years old...light celedon wool...was at the end of it's life, but not unclean.
    I tore the carpet out and went back to the oak floors. I put down the 50 or more year old Oriental rugs I inherited from my parents. Well seasoned with parties, teens, dogs and dirty shoes....
    I don't like to think what might be on the bare bottoms of feet....would they be any less germy than pavement shoes?
    Who knows....I don't eat off the floor.
    Linda C

• yakuta
    17 years ago

lowspark, when we have a party we do have a pile of shoes either by our foyer or if the weather is nice by the garage. I don't think any visitors care or even notice it. It's a matter of how you are conditioned.

Also it's very common for Indians to kick back and make them comfortable on the floor (mostly carpeted floors)and that's another reason people leave shoes out. Imagine wearing shoes and trying to sit on the floor - it would work but you would be extremely uncomfortable.

Well alteast you are prepared now (LOL) when you go an Indian household and not turned off when you see a pile of shoes or someone asks you to remove your shoes. You may still be irked but atleast you will know where they are coming from.

• lowspark
    17 years ago

Like I said above, it wouldn't irk me if asked to remove my shoes for cultural reasons, especially if I knew to expect it in advance. And if everyone was sitting on the floor, I'd want to know that in advance too. It all makes perfect sense in the context of the culture, and knowing what to expect means I'll dress appropriately for the situation.

• chase_gw
    17 years ago

This topic never ceases to amaze me.

Bottom line people matter to me more than stuff matters to me. Wear your shoes, take them off whatever makes you comfortable. I can wash a floor, or clean a carpet if I need to, however, in 30 plus years of entertaining I have never seen a mess, created by shoes, that can't be cleaned. Unlike the spilled red wine.

On another note, I'll be d@mned if I'm going to go to a cocktail party in my little black dress ( OK maybe not so little) and wearing slippers or going barefoot! Not happening!

I'm smart enough to know to bring a clean pair of shoes along if the weather in inclement and so is everyone that I would invite to my home.

• kareen
    17 years ago

This is my first visit on here and have read this thread thru to the point where you said you wouldn't ask. I have a best friend that needs to have people take off shoes in her home. I hate taking them off but love her. In the past , shoes were part of my outfit ....now I wear special footware that I need to be in when on my feet so my solution is this.......
    I go to the hair supply store , get a package of plastic shower caps ( hairdressers use them when coloring hair) and put them on over my shoes. Her floor is clean and I am in my shoes. I keep some in both cars so I always have them when I travel . Kareen

• mitchdesj
    17 years ago

If I was a germophobe, I would question the cleanliness of the floors of my host, and insist that my shoes shield my feet from the germs of that house, it works both ways...... I think people confuse floors with table tops.
    Sweaty stinky feet in stockings, better than shoes ?

• linda_a79_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

I am not American, and I live in the US. I really really hate when people who visit me don't remove their shoes, my house is very clean, the floor shines, I don't think the dirt should be brought to a clean house. Asking people is sometimes a challenge: the majority remove their shoes, but they could find it strange, I had a couple of workers who refused to do so, so I refused to let them in :) They turned to my husband, who insisted on taking off the shoes too (no luck for them). I believe it is my house and I should keep my house clean. I also added a door mat that says "please remove your shoes" so the guests are prepared to your request and take it much easily. I also ask my husband to let "his" friends remove their shoes, it goes smoother this way.. But yes... Hygiene is important, and removing shoes should be respected if this is what you believe in!

• colleenoz
    12 years ago

If you wipe your shoes well on a good mat, there is no dirt to bring in. But the feet inside could be very germy indeed. You could have a hundred doormats saying "please remove your shoes" and unless you are a very close friend or family it ain't going to happen for me and, I suspect, a lot of people. If you are so worried, mop after your guests leave.

Sponsored
Uncommon Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Turnkey Interior Design Studio in Loudoun County, VA