Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mom's 75th

Posted by madsonc (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 4, 08 at 10:34

Our family is having a surprise birthday party for my mom. She has 12 grandchildren and my sisters and I want to make up a little survey letter asking the grandkids about their memories of grandma to be read outloud at the party. I am stumped on questions and need some input. We have come up so far what she baked/made for them, what chores they helped her with, what movies she watched with them. I know there are lots more questions and maybe you can help me with more. Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mom's 75th

Oh my....
When did she scold you and why? Did she ever punish you? and how?
What is the best gift she ever gave you? What did she teach you to do. What was the worst thing she cooked that you had to eat? What game is Grandma best at? What games does she play with you and can you beat her?
Linda C....also a grandma of a bunch!

o

Oh thanks alot, that is exactly what I was looking for!!

o

In what way does each child take after/resemble/learned from/act like Grandma? Have the OTHERS decide about each one.

o

You don't even need a survey. Just ask each of them to tell you a favorite story regarding their grandmother. You'll be surprised what they come up with on their own. Sometimes we try to force it with questions, but if you just let them talk.

Say...I remember....______________________ and just let them fill in the blank with a story.

o

Ask what they did at an overnite at grandma's, Fun with gramdma at lake, park, family reunion, birthday party etc.

o

Ask them what their favorite thing is about Grandma and why.....or what makes Grandma special to them?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here