Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bgos

Worst visit ever

bgos
11 years ago

A friend and I were going out today, we live in different states so she asked if I wanted to stay. It's been a few years since we have seen each other so I agreed.

When I walked in the door, was hit by the most nastiest smell, every room was a complete mess, dirty plates, cups were everywhere. Vaccuuming not done for weeks, was afraid not to wear shoes. She did announce proudly that there were clean sheets on the bed, which is only effort she had made. Oh apart from pushing stuff aside so I could walk to the bed.

I was at least offered some water. Then she cooked dinner, rice and meat. Helped her clear off and set the dinner table, no clean forks, so she pulled out plastic ones. Her husband cooked the meat outside on the barbie, before brining it inside, the smell of it was really bad, I managed to eat some because I didn't want to offend. After dinner, her husband got himself a soft drink, she told him to get her one too. I sat for a couple of minutes wondering if I'd be offered any and ended up asking if I could have a drink. Was told "you can have water, milk or something hot". When I asked if she had tea, she found a pack and handed me a tea bag, which she told me she had made her father buy when he asked for tea one day.

Now I am not the best housekeeper, am messy but in the past when she has visited me I made sure the place was clean. Give her our best towels to use, on one visit to her were ordered not to touch her good towels and given ratty towels to use. There were complaints about the room I gave her being too noisy - neigbour had chickens, a table being messy and she would help herself to the fridge when she was hungry.

It felt degrading, I suppose I was a bit offended that she made no effort for me but kept my feelings to myself. Tried not to mention it but at one stage she mentioned the mess and said that she knew I wouldn't mind which is why she did nothing.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022