Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cookie Party Ideas

Posted by Cremin (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 3, 02 at 7:27

Has any of you ever done a cookie-exchange party at Christmas time? I am having one this year and just doing initial planning now. Any clever thoughts/ideas? Thanks. :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cookie Party Ideas

Have someone dress up like a giant cookie and dance to Rockin' round the Christmas tree.
Hang cookies as Christmas ornaments and maybe have a contest as to which cookie makes the best ornament.

o

One thing I did once, was included in the Cookie Exchange Invitation:
I assigned one ingredient to each guest-things you'd add to a cookie batter etc.-and they had to bring a small description/history of that ingredient, and other uses for it. Not only was it interesting to hear about & helpful-each guest read her info during the 'refreshments' part of the exchamge.
Another time-we made the faux dough and every guest had to roll out & paint & decorate a cookie ornament & date it on the back-a nice remembrance of the party. The ornaments baked while the rest of the cookie exchange was in full swing.

o

Hi -- Below is a link I saved from last year. Maybe you can get some ideas. HTH some -- Michele :0)

Here is a link that might be useful: Robins Cookie Exchange Page

o

I am struggling with words for my cookie exchange invitation
can anyone help?

o

This thread is 6 years old!!
may I suggest you start a new thread about cookie exchange parties?
Linda C

o

The above linked page has a sample invitation; they suggest adding the "rules" on a separate sheet. I would mention on the invitation that fact.

I seem to remember a discussion on such exchanges years ago, some people thought that only very gourmet high quality cookies should be brought, not easy recipes; other people thought, who cares ?, as long as everyone had fun.

I personally feel it's the event that is fun, whatever cookies you end up with is a bonus if they are really good.

Here is a link that might be useful: exchange invite

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here