Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Favorite appetizers?

Posted by sadler_mkb (sadlerkids@alltel.net) on
Thu, Nov 27, 08 at 0:34

I am trying to figure out some good appetizers to make for the up coming holidays. What are your favorite appetizers at parties, showers, etc.?
Thank You

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Favorite appetizers?

sadler -- if you go the recipe exchange forum, there is a recent appetizer/hors doeuvre thread. But here are some that I like.

MUSHROOM SNACKS

1 pkg (3 oz.) cream cheese
1 can (4 oz) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and finely minced
2 Tbs diced pimento
1 Tbs Dijon mustard
1 can (8 oz) refigerated quick crescent dinner rolls
1 egg, beaten
Poppy, caraway or sesame seeds
(I consider the beaten egg and seeds to be optional and rarely use them)

In small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, mushrooms, pimento and mustard; blend well.

Separate crescent dough into 4 rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal.

Spread each rectangle with 1/4 of the mushroom mixture. Starting with long side, roll up, jelly-roll style. Cut each roll into 6 pieces.

Place seam-side down on greased cookie shoot. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with seeds. Bake in preheated 375 oven for 15 minutes until golden brown.
Note: If you take the crescent rolls out the refrig and let them come to room temp, they will roll out in one big piece and you won't need to press the perforation sections together. Just spread the ingredients over the whole piece and roll up on the long side and slice. When I use a silicone baking sheet, I don't grease it.

I've never baked these ahead, but I bet they would be just fine reheated after a day or two stored in the refrig.

WRAPPED BABY DILLS

Baby dill pickles (dry on paper towel)
Cream cheese (room temp)
Thin sliced turkey or ham

Spread cream cheese onto thin sliced meat. Roll the pickle up in the meat. Add as many layers as you lik. Chill until ready to serve. Cut pickles into 1/4" pieces and serve.

Is that easy or what!

NEIMAN MARCUS DIP

2 C shredded cheddar
1 pkg bacon - chopped - fried - drained
1 small can chopped black olives'1 bunch (about 5) green onions - chopped
Mayonnaise

Mix first 4 ingredients together and add just enough mayo to hold together. Let sit, covered in the refrigerator over night.

Before serving )bring to room temperature, it will be necessary to add a little more mayo to mix to serving consistency.

Serve with bread pieces or plain crackers. Tortilla chips are a favorite, though.

SALMON BALL

1 - 15 1/2 oz can salmon, drained and flaked
1 - 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 Tbs grated onion
1Tbs lemon juice
1 Tbs prepared horse radish
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
lemon slices for garnish, optional

Combine alll ingredients except parsley and lemon slices. Shape into ball and roll in parsley. Garnish with lemon slices and serve with crackers.

May be frozen in an air tight container.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here