Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT? Need suggestions for gift, bathrobes

Posted by freeelove (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 17, 08 at 16:23

Hi all! Hope this is not off topic, but....

I am looking to buy good quality bath robes as engagement presents to very special friends.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Would love to hear advice on what to look for? Micro terry? Bamboo? 100% cotton?
I would really like them to be plush and Durable, looking to purchase ones that will wash well for them over time.

I received an amazing robe from "Peacock Alley" as a engagement gift from my brother, quality top notch, so luxurious,I had to let my hubby claim it! But at $99 a pop, I am looking for a more affordable set of two.
If I must bite the bullet, I would spend more on robes that anyone recommends is worth it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT? Need suggestions for gift, bathrobes

Unless you stumble into a fabulous deal, you sure won't find any yummy plush amazing robes for under $99. In fact I don't think you will find 2 the same for under about $190 each.
Well...maybe I over estimated.....check what Bloomie's has....not too bad!
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: Bloomingdale robes

o

LindaC- Starting to feel you are right.
Thanks for the link!

o

Got a bamboo robe for DW last Christmas. It's 65% bamboo and 35% Egyptian cotton. She absolutely loves it. Got it online from Turkish Towels in NJ. List price is $90, but they now have a Fall Sale for 25% off and free shipping. Brookstone sells the same robe for $100. I suspect other retailers carry something similar. The robe (one size) is fairly large and somewhat heavy, but no problem for my smallish wife. Material is very soft and there have been no problems with washing/drying. Great for right after one's shower/bath; relatively too bulky/heavy for use as a house robe. Since hubby now has yours, you should get one for yourself, too, especially at the sale price. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Turkish Towels

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here