Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What do you bring when the hostess is non specific?

Posted by whazzup (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 6, 02 at 12:44

I'm going to a halloween party, mostly adults. My dear friend has this party every year and it really is fun! Once again when I asked her what I should bring, she said "Oh, whatever! You don't have to bring anything if you don't want to!" But it's such a big crowd of people, I like to pitch in with something. She has the usual party menu; dip, chips, sweets, sandwiches. I'm trying to think of something different. Maybe a casserole? FYI: The food is not the focus of the party. Seems to be mostly beer and fun with costumes!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What do you bring when the hostess is non specific?

It sounds like she is making finger foods, so a casserole might not work. Stuffed or deviled eggs, marinated olives, sweet/spicy roasted walnuts, mini meatballs...are some ideas off the top of my head. There are some cheeseball recipes on the Recipe Exchange.

o

I agree; I'd stick with finger foods, sounds like she doesn't want to deal with plates and forks, etc.

I just added a few cheese ball recipes at Recipe Exchange, you might want to try there. Also, how about stuffed celery sticks, miniature cheese balls with a pretzel stuck in, marinated artichoke hearts, relish tray, pepperoni & cheese on toothpicks.....

o

If the hostess is one that really puts a spread on....pretty much on her own....how about a "morning after basket" for her. Speciality coffee, tea, a fresh breakfast bread, jam etc.

o

How about a crock pot of nacho cheese,some salsa and a couple bags of nachos.
You could also bring disposable plates ect.

o

cookie platters are always enjoyed, maybe an artichoke spinach dip with tortilla chips or a crock of chili (bring bowls and spoons).

o

Seeing as how it is a Halloween party, I would bring something in the "spirit" of the holiday! A kitty litter cake or witches fingers cookies are lots of fun. Dress up everyday things in halloween themes. If you are bringing a cheese ball. Make it into a spider by sticking black licorice whips into it for legs. Have fun with your food! NancyLouise

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here