Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pretty chocolates like these as a gift . . .

Posted by katy_bug (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 3, 07 at 11:01

I am being honored with a baby shower by my MIL friends in a couple of weeks. I need to get gifts for the 10 hostesses for the shower. I am thinking of doing chocolates since there are so many hostesses, but I want to make them seem special. I love these:

http://www.mariebelle.com/product.cfm?id=3

http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/product/exotic_truffles_4pc/4_pc_party_favors

But I would prefer something in the $5-8 range instead of the $10-13 range since I have to buy 10 of them.
Any ideas for "pretty" chocolates that I can order on the internet?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pretty chocolates like these as a gift . . .

Have you tried Godiva?

Another option may be to make the chocolates yourself. You may be surprised at how easy it is to make good chocolates.

Here is a link that might be useful: Godiva

o

Thank you for the suggestion, but I have never really been a big fan of godiva. BTW - I am an avid cook, but right now . . . making the chocolates is way out of the question due to work and other stuff.

o

I think that more than any type of chocolates you would buy, what would make your thank-you gift special would be a personal and individual note to each of the hostesses.

A few years ago, I was part of a large group that gave a party for an engaged couple. They gave us each a nice gift: a little magnetized wire basket with personalized note pads and a pen. But there was only a little printed note attached to each, "Thanks! John and Mary," and they never sent a note of thanks later, either. It was a nice little gift, but truthfully I would have preferred a note telling me they enjoyed and appreciated the party.

o

How about these from Munson's chocolates in CT. Looks like they can be ordered on line. I like the pretty flower ones. Congrats on the baby!

Here is a link that might be useful: Munson Link

o

Are you definitely set on chocolates?

If I were your hostess, I would appreciate a nice personal thank you note and an inexpensive picture frame with a nice picture taken at the shower. A 4x6 picture frame and a copy of a picture taken at the shower would not be expensive at all. I know Exposures Catalog always has sale frames, or TJ Maxx or a similar discount-type store. You could give everyone a similar, same or totally different frames. I think I would give each hostess the same picture. If plan ahead, you could have a friend take a nice group picture of you with your hostesses.

Just a thought...

o

I just got some wonderful Belgian chocolates at Costco. I bet Sam's club has the also.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here