Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jugs736

Bridal Shower Help!!!!!

jugs736
15 years ago

In need of clever games for bridal shower.....also decorations and guest ice breakers. The bride is 25 years old and an attorney. My menu is already set. This is a kitchen shower being held on Saturday of this week.

Comments (6)

• work_in_progress_08
    15 years ago

I've never been or hosted a bridal/baby shower with games. Is this a regional thing? I can't wait to see what types of games are played. May I ask how many guests you are having?

• gardenandcats
    15 years ago

Wedding Dress:
    Before the shower, purchase several rolls of white toilet paper. At the party, divide the guests into two or more groups of 3-5 people. Each group must choose a model for their wedding dress (mothers of the bride and/or groom work wonderfully). The goal is for each group to design and fashion a "wedding dress" out of toilet paper. Accessories are allowed (earrings, bouquets, trains, headpieces, wedding ring, etc.), but they must all be fashioned out of toilet paper. Once the groups are finished, the bride must pick the winner of the contest. This is my favorite bridal shower activity. And brides love this contest for the wonderful photo-memories it provides

The Wedding is over.
    Tell the guests and bride to pretend the wedding is over and it is the wedding night. The motel/cruise boat/etc. that the couple is staying in loses all electricity and the bride must prepare for her wedding night in complete darkness. Next blindfold the bride and hand her a suitcase. He must put on everything in the suitcase. Put items in it such as sunglasses, men's underwear, big bra, work gloves, or anything else that may bring a laugh. (She puts all this on then snap a picture for memories..

ngredients

Stationary

Pens

Box or Basket

To Play

Give each guest a piece of stationary and have them each write down what they feel is a recipe for a good/happy marriage.

When everyone is done, fold the "recipes" in half and place them in a box.

Have somebody pull them out one by one and read them out loud. As they are being read, have everyone try to guess who wrote each recipe. There really is no "winner" except for the bride-to-be that is if she takes and follows the combined advice.

• lindac
    15 years ago

I think that if I went to a party for anything other than a party for teenagers and they "played games" like that I would leave!
    I hate party games where everyone is supposed to stop and pay attention to the game.
    One that doesn't interfere with the party is to give everyone 2 strings of carnival beads and tell them that through out the party, anyone who gets another to say "no" gets a necklace from that person, and at the end of the party the person with the most necklaces wins a prize.
    Another is to pin a name on each person's back....you could do movie stars, historical figures....but in your case I would do famous cooks...like Julia Child, Mario Batali, Fanny Farmer, Emeril La Gasse, Colonel Sanders, Popeye etc. And have people ask other s about their character....ask questions like am I man or woman, living or dead, known as a baker? for French cooking? Fast food? Southern cooking? Etc.
    For decorations, flowers, of course, perhaps arranged in things like a 4 cup pyrex measuring cup or a French press coffee pot or mixing bowls....and the bouquets and their containers could be gifts to the bride.
    Just remember the guest of honor is an adult and presumably an intelligent one and don't try to have a teen ager party with giggling over naughty remarks and boring games when the people might rather hear about the bride's plans.
    Linda c

• gellchom
    15 years ago

Well, some people like games, though. Like Lindac, I am not crazy about gimmicky ones, especially if the group is mixed -- i.e., I think they work better if the guests are all the bride's peers, not if there is a mix of her friends, her parents' friends, relatives, and work friends.

I have posted before about a shower I went to once where everyone was given a slip of paper with some marriage-related topic and asked to give the bride some advice or thoughts on the subject. It was a mixed-generation group. It was more like a conversation than a game, I suppose. I loved that, and I still remember some of the advice I heard from the older guests now that I am their age!

• lowspark
    15 years ago

This isn't actually a game, but it's good for lots of laughs. Whoever is assisting the bride by listing gifts and givers for her to use later for thank you notes, should write, on a separate piece of paper, without the bride's or guests' knowlege, some of the comments the bride makes while opening gifts. The scribe should be selective as to which comments will be funny later. After all gifts have been opened, the scribe then reads these comments off, prefacing them as a preview of the bride's comments on the wedding night.

I agree that games in general are not really necessary. Conversation will flow freely amongst friends and relatives, and as lindac points out, games pretty much kill the conversation.

• rose1_ma
    15 years ago

Make your gavorite punch and serve it in a baby bath tub with rubber duchies swimming in it. Putting sherbet in it makes it looks like soap bubbles.

Do a seacrh for "baby shower Bingo" with printable bingo cards. We played this at my daughter's and it was and easy fun game. It was a long time ago though and I no longer have the cards.

Sponsored