Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fall Birthday

Posted by NancyAnn (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 2, 02 at 10:12

My sister is having her 50th birthday.Her children are taking her out to dinner and then returning to her home where the rest of the family and some friends will surprise her. I am in charge of decorations. We don't want to do anything with black balloons or age related themes. Her children told me to just keep it simple so any suggestions would be appreciated. I am not that talented so simple works for me. The cake will have some fresh fall flowers on it. Also, your input is needed on this. We will be serving cake and coffee and possibly some punch. This will be around 7 at night so I would assume most would have eaten dinner. But, should we have some other sort of snacks? And should we have ice cream? The cake will be like a wedding cake (not shaped, but the same flavor)and you don't normally have ice cream with that so we are unsure. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fall Birthday

Maybe something like raspberry (or peach, lime, cranberry, etc.) sorbet instead of ice cream? The flowers on the cake sound wonderful. Are they edible flowers or just fresh flowers arranged on the cake? There are some wonderful flowers that can be eaten in salads, on cakes etc. You might want pretzels, chips and dip, crackers and cheese (a sophisticated choice) or some other snack things just in case people are hungry. What kind of punch? Champagne punch, apple cider with spices, citrus (lemon, lime orange, pineapple) punch? You could do balloons in the same colors as the flowers on the cake if you think she will like balloons.

Lee AKA Fireraven9
Las cosas claras y el chocolate espeso. (Ideas should be clear and chocolate thick.)
--Spanish proverb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here