Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
squish_gw

Addressing envelopes

SQUISH
21 years ago

I am giving a Halloween party and I have already got started on the invitations. I am using a printed Halloween regular sized paper (decorative computer paper), with all the info printed out.

Anyway, I was going to use the half-fold size envelopes, (greeting card size). The only problem is that a lot of the guests are still single and I can't find a inner envelope to address the inside. Example: John and guest

So what shall I do?

Thought about addressing outside like this:

Mr. John Doe and guest

555 Elm Street

Wherever, SC

Is this wrong to do??

It is a Halloween party, southernstyle bar-b-que, BYOB.

Any other suggestions?

Comments (3)

• colleenoz
    21 years ago

I would just address the envelope to "Mr John Doe" and save the "and guest" for the invitation.

• cookingrvc
    21 years ago

For a party that is informal, I'd write it on the invitation itself, even if you have fully printed invitations. Just add a note that says 'please feel free to bring a guest!". Or put it on a separate piece of note paper and insert it in the envelope.

If you're not comfortable with that, it would, IMO, be perfectly acceptable to put '& Guest' on the envelope.

Sue

• loomis
    21 years ago

We run into this situation at work when we do invitations for certain events. Since the wording on the inside of the invitation is done on the computer, I use two versions. The following is a little formal, but you can tailor it to your own needs: for singles: "May we cordially invite you to...."; and for those who have significant others: "May we cordially invite you and your guest to..."

Sponsored