Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
happy_go_lucky_gayle

20 for Overnight

DH is having a reunion of the "Old Gang". And I do mean old. It is being planned by MEN, 2 Single Men! Which leaves me as the Fleamale to plan the meals.

Guest will arrive Friday Night and Saturday Morning. I say Sandwiches Friday Night with Desserts or Finger Food.

I'm stumped on Breakfast. We have several German Bakerys in this area. So I could make it easy with Pastries.

Later Appetizers of grilled stuffed Pablono Peppers.

It will probably be an all day of BBQ with the Guys at the Charcoal for late afternoon.

Very Casual! It is a 2 Bedroom Country House plus our Motorhome. HELP!

They have been friends since they were in Jr. High and now in their mid sixties.

Comments (5)

• debd18
    16 years ago

For an easy breakfast, I love the casseroles you can assemble in a few minutes the night before and bake in the morning. Do a search for breakfast casserole and look for a recipe that appeals to you. My favorite has eggs, hashbrown potatoes, ham, cheese, peppers, and onions. Actually, once you have a basic recipe you can embellish anyway you like. You could serve it along with the sweet pastries and a variety of bagels and flavored cream cheeses.

• Happy_Go_Lucky_Gayle
    Original Author
    16 years ago

OK! I found this one that I liked best and serve with the German Kolaches from our little Bakery. (By the way a Kolache has a indention in the center that is fruit filled, not Meat wrapped in bread like Kolache Factory).

Egg and sausage bake recipe with bread, cheese, seasonings, eggs, and pork sausage.
    INGREDIENTS:
    1 pound bulk pork sausage, crumbled
    6 large eggs
    2 cups milk
    1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
    3/4 teaspoons salt
    1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
    dash ground nutmeg
    3 slices French or Italian bread, cubed
    1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese

That's settled.

• lindac
    16 years ago

Are you sleeping all 20 in your 2 BR house and camper?? Hoo boy!!
    I think Saturday morning I might pop some sausages on the afore mentioned grill and have about 3 dozen eggs ready to scramble....and buy a tray of rolls from the bakery
    Than I would stock up on hamburgers and brats and chickeb breasts...add a bunch of potatoes and a big salad, some baked beans and a tray of veggies and an array of cheeses should be good for lunch and dinner Friday.
    Loads of beer and gallons of iced tea and a good time was had by all the "boys".
    And remember....Dominos delivers!
    Linda C

• gellchom
    16 years ago

I think you get to go to heaven.

I wouldn't cook a big breakfast (many people only want coffee anyway). Whenever I have had a big crowd, usually teenagers, I just put out lots of bagels and cream cheese, coffee and juice, and everyone seems happy. The pastries would be a very nice extra touch. When I have provided eggs, hot dishes, etc. under these circumstances (as opposed to, say, a brunch buffet), they are barely touched. Plus, bagels and pastries only allows for varying wakeup times. I bet these guys won't even notice the difference -- if they were foodies, THEY would be cooking!

• Happy_Go_Lucky_Gayle
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I just found out 3 couple will be staying nearby at a Bed and Breakfast. Takes some of the heat off.

I also found out there is a Football Game the "MEN" will be watching. Now, I have 9 women to entertain. Geez! They are from all different walks of life and region.

Saving Grace. There is a very famous 5 miles Antiques show in Round Top Texas, not soooo far away. So, I will take the ladies there for the day.

Actually, I'm getting pretty excited about it. I'll have to take pictures of all the OLD GEEZERS!

Sponsored
Style Savvy Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Northern Virginia's Luxurious Interior Designer & Decorator