Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Halloween Party with young kids

Posted by Curly_Willow (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 21, 03 at 8:56

I am planning a Halloween/Fall party and I have some questions. First...is the 18th too soon to have a Halloween party? We aren't going to have costumes. What I am thinking is mainly having it be a Fall party...but some Halloween stuff for the kids. The ages of the children range from 6 mons to 5 years. I know the younger ones wont be doing much lol. I was going to have some pumpkins for some of the kids to paint instead of carve. I included a note in the invitation to have parents bring an old shirt along for the pumpkin painting. Do you think thats going to be too involved? I am also going to print out some coloring pages for them. Any other simple ideas? I dont really want to do any kinds of games.

Thanks in Advance
Dana

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Halloween Party with young kids

Five years is way too young to have much of any kind of attention span especially in a party setting. They will just be smearing paint around. Better to have an assortment of washable markers and lots of paper.....and even them the younger kids won't last long at that activity.
Linda C

o

I don't think the 18th is too early for a Halloween theme...it's already Halloween here - as soon as we get out the decorations - lol!!
Did you see the other discussion going on about the Toddler party? Seems like they have some cute ideas.

o

Thank you very much for your input

:)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here