Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Filet Mignon - an update

Posted by cheerful1 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 22, 08 at 6:47

Just wanted to give everyone an update on our dinner Saturday night (I called it semi-fine dining). It was wonderful!
We ended up buying a beef tenderloin that the butcher cut into steaks, grilled on my electric grill (was easier than I thought). I made a wine reduction for the first time that was excellent. I bought 2 bottles of expensive wine, my husband got cloth napkins in fall colors (from Wal-Mart), candles and music. We also had scalloped potatoes brought by one of our friends and vegetables steamed in the microwave. Dessert was store-bought brownies and banana cream pie. After-dinner drinks were also served.

We had the best time, and we did celebrate life, which was the most important thing.

I want to thank everyone for their great suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Filet Mignon - an update

Congratulations! It sounds like a perfect party. I wish I'd been there. I bet it was a lot easier than you thought. Are you already planning your next one?

o
RE: Filet Mignon - an update

It sounds like you took what could have been turned into a harder than need be event, and kept it simple. I am new here and thought that I would post here because I was inspired with the simplicity of the way that your event sounded. I'll bet you were able to enjoy your event, which is the trickiest part of entertaining, is it not?

With that being said, congratulations on your success, it was inspirational.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here