Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zoiepoo

How far apart do tables HAVE to be????

zoiepoo
18 years ago

We are going to have our family Christmas gathering/dinner party at our house this year. We had it one other time but we were still renovating this house and had empty rooms allowing for more space to put up folding tables and chairs.

I am definetly squeezed to sit 50 people down for Christmas dinner and want to know if anyone knows a web site or the distant reccommended between rows of tables and chairs. The table takes 30" and you need at least 2 feet to pull your chair out from the table but since I will have repeated rows of tables and chairs - will 3 foot be enough room for people back to back to scoot out their chair and get up? I am in trouble if they MUST have four foot.

Thank you for any information or thoughts you might have.

I have already thought of renting a tent and putting the party on the tennis court but we have a number of family members getting near 100 years old and there are two steps to the tennis court from the nearest bathroom. In our house are four bathrooms on a level surface which is important. Unfortunately the space left in our dining room for tables and chairs is only 18'x14 1/2' (not counting the walking space needed) with a connected entry area that will allow for two more 6 foot tables.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County
More Discussions