Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thanksgiving in New England

Posted by suziek (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 21, 02 at 0:01

Instead of eating at my house this year, we have to drive because my son doesn't have the time off. I live in NE Maine and he lives in Connecticut. we want to meet someplace in NH or MA or CT. I can drive further because I have more time. I've been searching the internet but no luck so far. I thought about Sturbridge, but my son said his friends didn't recommend it. I'd prefer to stay out of Boston or the city and go somewhere not too far west from Rt. 395. Does anyone out there have any ideas? We want to stay over weds and thurs also, but doesn't have to be the same place as dinner, and not too expensive.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thanksgiving in New England

Have you looked at some of the bed and breakfast places in RI? Newport has a lot of them.

o

I agree with Susan. There are a lot of great places in RI. Some are listed here: www.oso.com

Here is a link that might be useful: RI info

o

Your son's friends didn't recommend Sturbride? My husband and I ate there 3 years ago and STILL REMEMBER WHAT WE ATE! It was a buffet of authentic, traditional and superb choices. All down-home colonial style foods, the way Thanksgiving should be celebrated!

The location, the atmosphere, lots of places to stay nearby, it's perfect.....I'd ask your son to reconsider.

o

The Monadnock Region of SW New Hampshire is really lovely. There are many historic inns and lots of people come for Thanksgiving weekends. From here we are only about 2 hours from Hartford. If interested, e-mail me and I will send you some links.

o

The Wayside Inn, in Sudbury, Ma.

o

Is the Yankee Peddler still in Southampton Mass? or the Williams Inn in Williamstown?
Linda c

o

Why not go to Plimouth Plantation.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here