Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Campfire activities

Posted by woodny (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 19, 02 at 23:32

I posted this on the camping forum but thought I would try here as well;
I am in charge of a campout for a group of people of all ages. Does anyone have any ideas for activities we could do the first night around the campfire? We will have about
10 adults
5 teens (ages 12-18)
15 children (ages 5-12)
Any help would be great!!!!!!!!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Campfire activities

If you have space away from the campfire, you can give each kid a glow stick. They can try to play catch with them or get in a group and toss them so they look kind of like fire works. It is fun, if you have the space. And the glow sticks can help in the tent if you want a night light when camping.

You could get someone to lead the group in singing. If you are going to use one or more songbooks, you would probably want a small light for each.

Story telling is good. I wouldn't go with ghost stories since just camping can be scarey to some. Funny stories are good as are stories that relate to constellations you might see if you look up. And be sure to bring a guide to the stars for people who want to do that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here