Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
luncheon menu - suggestions/critques please

Posted by maura63 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 23, 08 at 21:55

I am having a very simple luncheon for 4-6 people (mixed gender)

Menu listed below. I am uncertain if the "fruit" in the salad goes with the meal or if I should just have a simple mesclun salad. Also uncertain about the tomato/mozzarella side.

spinach, peach and pecan salad
pasta pesto salad
grilled boneless chicken breast
fresh tomato, mozzarella and basil
flat bread (store bought)

Comments and suggestions welcome - thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: luncheon menu - suggestions/critques please

I think it's a lovely menu as it is-- healthy food, something for vegetarians, varied food groups and it should be colorful and make a pretty presentation.

Since it is mixed gender, I think I'd consider a substantial dessert, or a light and heavier dessert offered.

I hope your luncheon is a great success!

o

Sounds great!

You seem to have "3" salads though, one meat, and one bread. I think a simple veggie (not a fruit salad or another salad type) but just one very simple vegetable offering may help round out the meal. (Maybe some green beans)

You "could" cut out the Caprese (tomato) salad if you wanted to get rid of something. It's often served instead of a green salad. Although, you may try to serve it as a veggie side, it probably won't work because a tomato is really a fruit and can't usually pull off being a real veggie side because of that.

If you want to try to stay away form adding a veggie, you could serve the chicken breats in a green type of salad or even in a pasta salad...making it more of a meal..and you could add a soup... But if the meat is served by itself as you have it, you should have a side veggie, probably something green or mixed.

o

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. I knew there was something "off" about the menu - thanks for pointing out the "3" salads.

As it stands, the luncheon was canceled (sort of). My guests were traveling about 60 miles to visit. I just found out that I have to attend a wake in their neighborhood tomorrow night, and so lunch will be at one of my guest's home. I will bring the Pesto Pasta Salad with chicken added, and dessert.

I will host another time!

Thanks again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here