Return to the Entertaining Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
baby shower invitations.

Posted by lgranson11 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 6, 07 at 21:14

I am having a baby shower and need help for finding the best place to buy personalized baby shower invitations. Does anayone has some suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: baby shower invitations.

There are several stores near where I live that will make invitations for you. Any place that does wedding invitations will make shower invitations too. or you can do it yourself on your computer.
Linda C

o

I have had really good luck making invitations on my computer with the blank card papers they have at Kinko's (I am sure Target and other places have similar products). You can get them full sheet (8 1/2 x 11), or two or four to a sheet, with all kinds of borders; you may want one with a baby theme, or just flowers or geometrics -- it's fun to choose. They have matching envelopes. I wouldn't do it for a formal invitation, but for a baby shower, it would be fine. It's a lot cheaper and faster than ordering printed invitations, but you do need to budget some of your own time.

Allow yourself lots of time to get the alignment right. Keep printing drafts on plain paper, holding it up to the light with the card stock behind it to make sure you have the text where you want it and the color you chose looks nice, before printing, so you don't waste any cards.

I have found that it is MUCH easier if you choose a card with a border that is even all the way around, especially if you chose one that has two or four to a card. You will save a lot of time on getting the alignment right if you aren't trying to figure out how to avoid a picture in one corner or a flower that sticks out here and there.

Have fun.

o

I've made them on my computer..but if you want to buy - take a look on eBay. There are some very cute ones at reasonable prices. I bought my DD's graduation party ones from a seller there and it ended up costing about the same as if I'd made them myself.

Here is a link that might be useful: Here's a super cute one!

o

Though a little pricey to mail (I hand delivered those that I could)...I typed the inserts with the shower info on them, then bought the preemy diapers and inserted the info sheet inside the diaper. Using acrylic paints-printed "You're Invited" on the outside of the diaper & hot glueded a cake deco safety pin (diaper pin) on a satin ribbon. Mailed these in a small brown mailing envelope which I sponge painted in the color theme, before addressing them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Entertaining Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here