Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
enjoyingspring

Food Suggestions for Baby Shower

enjoyingspring
15 years ago

What would you suggest for food at a baby shower. Anything different besides the finger sandwiches.

Comments (5)

• work_in_progress_08
    15 years ago

Menu for baby shower I hosted for SIL:

sundried tomato, fresh basil pesto and asiago stuffed chicken breasts - cooked, cooled and sliced. Serve room temperature.

Roasted beets (cubed in viniagrette) over grilled asparagus

Rice Salad

Cookie trays, brownies, candies along with the "sheet cake"

Non alcohol punch, sweet iced tea. Coffee and hot tea with dessert. Shower was in May.

Great hit.

• arandygail
    15 years ago

I don't know if you have already scheduled the shower or not, but I usually schedule baby/bridal showers for Saturday mornings. Then, I have a brunch menu with baked french toast, egg casserole, hash browns, ham, and pastries. It looks elegant, and most of the menu can be prepared ahead and stuck in the oven the morning of.

• becca951
    15 years ago

Hot Pizza Dip

1 pkg. (8 oz) of cream cheese, softened
    1 tsp of italian seasoning
    1 c. (4 oz) of shredded mozzarella cheese
    3/4 c. (3 oz) of shredded parmeasan cheese
    1 can (8 oz) of Pizza Sauce
    2 tbsp of chopped green pepper
    2 tbsp of sliced green onion
    Breadsticks or a crusty bread (warmed is especially nice!)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine cream cheese and italian seasoning. Mix well. Spread in the bottom of a 28 x 18 dish or two 5 x 6 dishes. Combine cheese. Sprinkle half of the cheese mixture over cream cheese. Spread pizza sauce over cheese. Top with remaining cheese mixture, peppers and onions. Bake 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is bubbling around the edges! Place breadsticks or bread around a ramiken with the sauce in it and let your guests serve themselves! Yummy!!

Watermelon Baby Carriage

1. Almost any size or shaped watermelon will work for this adorable decoration/menu item!
    2. Cut a thin slice from the bottom to give the piece a stable base.
    3. Draw an outline of your carriage on the watermelon to assist you in cutting, mirror this image.
    4. Use a sharp knife to cut out a section (from the big part cut away later) to be the handle. Cut all the way through the rind.
    5. Use a decorationg tool or knife to make the fancy edges of the carriage when removing the un-needed sections.
    6. Remove the top section of rind.
    7. Hollow the carraige and attach the handle with toothpicks.
    8. Attach wheels made of orange slices and hubcaps made from strawberry or kiwis.
    9. Fill the carriage with fruit salad (4 cups for an average sized watermelon, more or less depending upon size).

Mini Burgers With Red-Hot Smoky Ketchup

(serves 20)

1 1/2 cups of ketchup
    1 tbsp of chipotle sauce
    1 tbsp of lime juice
    2 tsp. of ground cumin
    4 1/2 lb. of lean ground been
    1 tbsp of salt
    1 tsp. of pepper
    40 small dinner rolls

In bowl combine first four ingredients and chill. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Season beef with salt and pepper. Form beef into 40, 2 inch patties. Place on baking sheet, bake 8-9 minutes or until well-=done (only well done for Prenant ladies!). Top with ketchup mixture and serve on dinner rolls.
    Yum!

Here is a link that might be useful: Baby Shower Recipes WITH Photos

• sharon_fl
    15 years ago

I hosted a Baby Luncheon shower. Om my menu was:
    Cup of Cream of Cauliflower soup
    A dinner plate lined with curly lettuce on which I served a juicy red tomato cut like petals & spread out, filled with either Lemon Chicken Salad or Ham Salad. I used bamboo skewers & threaded pieces of fresh fruit on it & place the skewer on one side of the plate, accompanied by 2 slices of breads..date nut and pumpkin and a melon baller scoop of butter.
    Dessert was cake & lemon & lime sherbert.

• carla35
    15 years ago

Will you be serving a meal or just appetizer type foods?

I would do maybe a nice salad with chicken pieces and a heavy soup (Cheddar Broccoli or Baked Potato Soup) if you are doing a meal.

When is the shower? You could go with a theme.. have a Fiesta with mexican food and do an enchilada casserole, etc.

Cannoloni with a good Italian style salad could be different/good. Or, you could try a white chicken chili. I think a briskett or pulled pork wouldn't be bad either.

I was at one where it was catered and they did these gourmet type sub sandwiches... not really my favorite idea, but thought I'd throw it out there.